2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - Consumer Reviews

Diesel 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel
By Family of 4

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We bought this car after owning a VW Passat TDI witch we really liked and averaged around 42 mpg Hwy. After test driving the 2015 Chevy Cruze diesel we knew this was the car for us, it had tons of low rpm torque for passing with ease, no smoke or diesel smell, very quiet inside and very comfortable. Recently we moved from Georgia to North Dakota over 1600 miles and this car averaged 59.9 mpg driving between 70 & 75 mph. I just bought a 2016 Chevy Colorado diesel 4x4 pickup and getting around 28.6 mpg city driving in Bismarck. . I just which Americans would give the new clean diesel cars a chance because they are great.

2015 Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel
By Russell Logan

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased my Cruze Turbo Diesel after owning a VW Beetle TDI for a year. I've been a diesel fan since the 80's.
This is absolutely the best every-day car I have ever owned. I does a great and very comfortable job of the every day commute, but then with all the comfort and convenience items (my car has all the bells and whistles) longer trips are very enjoyable. Also, the trunk and cargo versatility makes long shopping trips a breeze.

I live in Montana, and can say the extra weight up front with the Diesel engine makes this a gem to drive in ice and snow, even with the factory tires. And fuel mileage - don't even look at the EPA sticker. I average 33 MPG in town and 47 on the highway. A recent round trip shopping run to Missoula (150 miles approx) I averaged 52 MPG (without the AC on).

I would heartily recommend this car to anyone looking for quality, comfort and nice all around performance.

MyCruze
By Yogi

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best small car, good gas milage

Beats the VW Jetta diesel with ease.
By Alan Curtis Wilson.

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Look around for a good deal on this car. We did and purchased it well under sticker. We also bought several aftermarket options including a second set of wheels and tires for our Minnesota winters. The diesel engine and low rolling resistance tires help the car get great mileage in the summer with our best being 60 mpg on a 500 mile trip. Around the city we get 33 to 42 mpg. Worst mileage it has returned in stop and go city driving is the EPA rated city 27 mpg. That makes this car's MPG better than any other I have bought since EPA started giving out MPG ratings. Frankly I didn't expect that with my heavy foot driving but this car has the power and does not guzzle fuel if you drive it hard. The handling is much better than I expected. The brakes are really great, so good I have trouble keeping from getting too much braking when I drive this as compared to my diesel truck or the old every day car, a Hyundai Elantra. The comparison between the two compact cars leaves the Elantra with one star and the Cruze 5 star. I am a big and tall man and I am comortable driving the car and the Big, big plus is I am comfortable on the passenger side. No other vehicle in the last 25 years have I been comfortable in the front passenger seat including my my diesel pickup.
I really like the Pioneer sound system plus the in dash electronics and the way they work with my tablet and phone. Reliable seamless and easy to setup. The light colored leather interior is wonderful to ride in and helps the car be cooler to get in and drive in the summer. I have carried 10 foot long lengths of pipe, metals, and other items which fit from the trunk to the front of the car. Big surprise to me! Plus I can load all my camera and lens cases into the car with room for 2 passengers.
The car is fun to drive, my wife loves it and actually likes the electronics especially the LCD between the speedo and tach that helps her and I monitor our mileage. Oh, one more thing, the diesel means that driving harder for more acceleration does not equal lower the fuel mileage greatly. I love the power of driving turbo diesel in all of them I have driven. I wish to see one in a mid or large SUV.

1st GM product in 6 years
By Michael Steahr

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I traded a 2015 Kia Optima EX 26,000 mi Loaded on this Cruze. The only negative thing I can say so far is that I lost a little bit of giddy-up, but I absolutely expected that going from a 200 hp direct gas injected engine to a 151 hp diesel. However, after purchase, driving this car home 280 miles on interstate 80, I had absolutely no problems merging with traffic. I am unsure of the noise complaints that I hear about from everyone. This Cruze has less wind noise than the Optima and I was pushing a head wind most of the way home. My number one goal in deciding to trade was better fuel economy. GOAL REACHED!!! On the way to Chicago in the Optima average of 35 to 36 mpg at 70 mph which isn't bad, but on the way home in the Cruze 43 to 44 mpg at 70 mph with a head wind and keep in mind this engine is not broke in yet. The handling was fine and the ride was a little better than I expected. I don't want to over talk it because I have only owned the Cruze for three days, but I spend about 2 hrs and 20 min a day, 6 & 7 days a week driving to and from work. So my 3 hr and 25 min trip home from the dealership was pleasant and comfortable. Please note this car had a sticker price of just over $29,000 it's pretty well loaded, but because I was able to get in on the deal Chevy is running right now at the date of this review, I only paid $20, 675!!!! ALMOST A THIRD OFF!!!!!