2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Value That Looks and Feels Up

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Review

Value That Looks and Feels Upscale
By cragman1 on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Mine is the 1.8, but with the Automatic 6spd. The car I traded was an 08 Cobalt LS Automatic. I used to feel I had to be embarrased even doing a review on such a basic car, but I actually enjoyed the Cobalt. But, when faced with the reality of the 3 yr bumper to bumper expired, the slightest click or pop in the steering or suspension made me start looking at my next "repair cost free" new car. I looked at the other brands in this price range and soon became dismayed at the cramped drivers area and unavoidable plastic look of the quote "Best Sellers" in this class. The Cruze won me, hands down. Looks. Ride.Pep (yes, Pep.) Interior A++++++++. Show me a Fit,Civic or Corolla as good.

Outside: Looks like a larger car than this class. Classic lines that don't say "hey I'm futuristic!" Inside: Looks like a smaller Cadillac. No immediate tell tale plastic even if there is some. Features: Everything and more. On a BASE model ? Even without driving it, it's a fun interior just to be in. Bluetooth,XM,loads of legroom (I'm big)... better than being in my living room! Except for my 50" plasma. Quiet. Humongus trunk.

None that I can think of . If you ask for more power, the mileage goes down. If you ask for something that brings more spirited driving, the mileage goes down again. If you drive sensible, the Cruze hits the mark.