Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

My first new car since 2000 and I really like it!
By jemof2

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have read some post about the throttle response and I do agree. When starting from a complete stop, it seems to take forever to get going - I may try to put it in manual mode and see if it does the same thing. Also, when stopped on an uphill incline, I get a big jerk when I hit the gas to get out in traffic. Otherwise, this car is great! I traded in a 99 Caddy Seville for it because of all the problems it had. All I have done to this car so far is oil changes and I am at 21K miles. I am so happy to have a reliable car again!! I have children and the Caddy was constantly leaving us stranded on the interstate.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great! Love the auxillary input so I can listen to Pandora. Roomy back seat. The large trunk is a nice surprise too! The folding rear seats. Gas mileage in town around 30 mpg, and on interstate up to 39. Like others, I found the sweet spot is around 62 mph to get that 39 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Better throttle response, easier shifting on inclines.

Chevy Curse
By speedemonjoker

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recalls!!! The Steering is numb with little feedback, the Brakes are soggy, and the trany shifts awkwardly. Worst is the throttle response which is unpredictable and Dangerous at times, such as when you’re crossing a busy street. The interior is nice to sit in and use, but is ugly to look at. Featuring chrome, matte, glossy, brushed and textured surface and so many different color lights and displays this interior is schizo and totally uncoordinated.

Favorite Features

the body and the wheels

Suggested Improvements

bring back the Pontiac Vibe

GMC should take it back!!
By goosman68

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my new Cruze in Mar. 2011 and have since put 5,000 mi. on it. It is not comfortable on a longer trip. Gas milage sucks. I was under the impression that Chev. had tested the car over 1,000,000 miles, it should be a good car, wrong. I have done my own testing and come to the conclusion that 63mph is its sweet spot to get 36mpg. Thats to slow to drive on an interstate with a 75mph speed limit. I tried 75mph and got 26.6 mpg. My last car was a Vette and going slow is not an opption! Don't even check your in-town mpg, it will scare you.

Favorite Features

None worth writing about

Suggested Improvements

Seats need to be a lot more comfortable. I feel that the car needs to be geared higher so you can run with the big dogs and not turn so much rpms. They did this on the 2012 models, they should retrofit the 2011s