2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!
By chugcatsts01 on 12/21/12 12:24 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!

My first Vette, worth the wait
By Dave on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

Scary fast, manual Z-51, NPP
By Ed on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you are looking for super car performance under 55k this is the right car. The sound of the exhaust with the NPP exhaust mode it's awesome. The car is willing to be launched and almost begging you to do it at every light. I like to launch the car when passengers don't expect it, they get scared lol! My wife's sunglasses came out flying out of her head one time. I got the z-51 manual and it is awkward at low speeds, awful to be driven in traffic. If you are getting a vette because of the looks only, get an automatic. A vette is a first class sports car so for me a manual gear box is the only proper option until they come up with some kind of real double clutch flappy paddles like Ferrari.

Best Car I've Owned
By sjambo on 08/04/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm now 44 and this is the most amazing car I have ever owned - I wish I owned corvettes when I was younger. It has the speed, acceleration, style and it makes heads turn. My Z51 is not built for comfort but more on performance. I enjoy every minute of drive. I have only floored the accelerator once from 80 mph for about two seconds then I was right away at 115 mph - to tell you the truth I get nervous because of the speed and acceleration! This car is no toy and it needs a lot of getting used to. An equivalent car with this performance would cost you over 150 grand. Check the Youtube on Corvette vs Lamborghini, or vs Ferrari. The vette will easily outperform those luxurious cars!

Best they've ever been
By Vette4Life on 04/17/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely breathtaking. The performance so far outclasses any other domestic performance car. Mustangs, SRT8's, Trans Am's, big block Olds 442's and Buick Gran Sport 455's, I've owned them all and NONE come close to a new Corvette. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, quarter mile in 12.1 and a top speed of 190 mph prove what a super car this is. Mine is stripped down for lighter weight, only a 1LT, F55, NPP car but I love it. I will always have a Corvette going forward. I'm only sorry that i waited until I was 50 to get it!

'09 Cyber Gray Z-51 6speed
By gtfldad on 02/24/10 06:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a toy! But only a toy...On the roads in the Northeast,especially after this winter, the roadways are more of an obstacle course. With Z-51 package, the ride can be jarring at times. The front airdam is way too low, but chaulk it up as an expendable item that can be replaced without big effort or bucks. I don't see reliability being an issue, as I've spoken with numerous of owners who have lots of seat time in their Vette with very encouraging feedback. Certain cunsumer magazines aren't consistant or accurate in their assessment of this car. It is fast, fun, iconic and efficient. I've had GTO's, Cobra's and a Grand Sport GSX. At age 57, I have the best of them all plus, plus plus

2009 Cyber Grey Couple - 1LT, Z51, NPP
By Duckman on 01/16/10 23:01 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

1st time ever owning a Vette. Have always wanted this icon. This car ROCKS! I have so much fun driving this. The acceleration blows me away (I love taking friends for a spin and pinning them to their seat while I jet on to the freeway!) and the car is pretty comfy and drivable (I drive 4x week to work). I avg about 21.5mpg, but tend to drive a shade less than 80 (it's hard not to speed; gotten it up to 95 once and still felt so smooth I barely noticed). Paid ~39.5k+ tax, etc (amazing how low these cars are going for now) and am absolutely thrilled with the car and the value I am getting. Like others, this car puts a smile on my face when I see it. You will not find a better value!

FUN CAR -- POOR RELIABILITY
By SPAGHETTI on 01/12/10 06:35 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Exceptional performance, terrific design, and fairly good overall comfort. It looks great, drives great and is most certainly a head turner. A superb bang for the buck. Unfortunately, I’ve seen my car more often on the service lift than in my garage. The navigation unit had to be replaced three times, and a very allusive grinding noise coming from the center of the car has kept the vehicle in the shop for multiple diagnoses and attempts at repair for many days. The problem is still not completely resolved. I look for the day when GM can manufacture a car that is just as reliable as Honda and Toyota. I only put up with these inconveniences because it’s a Vette.

2009 Cyber Grey Coupe
By Mac McLaughlin on 11/18/09 17:59 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best Vette I have had so far. I have owned a 68 conv, 03 conv, 06 3LT automatic coupe and now a Cyber Grey Coupe 1LT Z51 manual with Dual Mode Exhaust. Only thing I miss about the 3LT 06 is the seat memory, makes it alot easier to get in and out. All the other bells and whistles with the 3LT are a waste in my opinion. Opted for the solid colored roof over the see through, too hot for Florida. Manual tranny is the only way to go with the Vette. Great daily driver. I am getting around 18 mph overall, about 3 mpg less than the 06. Brakes don't squeak like the 06. Buy the Wheel/Tire warranty from dealer ..well worth it. Best buy out there, $4K rebate on existing 09's made me pull trigger.

A Dream come true
By LovemyVette on 11/04/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I will start by saying WHAT A MACHINE ! This is my second Corvette, my first one was a 99 magnetic red and it was a great car. My new 09 blows it away. I knew it would be better than the 99 but never imagined how much better. It rides great, handles like a dream and the dual mode exhaust makes a noticeable difference in both sound and performance. The 3LT trim package with the Z51 option also well worth it. Every time I go to the garage and see my Vette sitting there it brings a huge smile to my face !

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe in VA is:

$149 per month*