Used 1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
Love it!
By 92Shawnster

1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the '92 with 92000 miles on the clock and after a year of flat out fun, have about 101000 miles and as many smiles! The true American Sports Car is alive and well!!

Favorite Features

POWER! 300 Horses through a 6-speed tranny is an adrenalin rush! Active handling keeps it all on the road!

Suggested Improvements

Already improved, the latest generation is awesome!

UNEEK1992 CORVETTE
By ROGER HOLLON

1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

SINCE I HAVE OWNED MY CORVETTE IT HAS BEEN A DREAM COME TRUE, NOTHING LIKE CRUISING AND SHOWING OFF THIS FANTASTIC RIDE.

Real American Muscle
By RedLT1

1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 15,000 miles and one year later have 25,000 miles on it. It is a lot of fun, although a pain to get into. Once you are in it feels like you are wearing the car. I average 25 mpg on the road with my foot in it. Where else can you get this much power and still get respectable gas mileage?

Favorite Features

Awesome acceleration, great looks, and the attention it gets.

Suggested Improvements

The car has been improved. My only complaint with the car is the harsh ride, but it is a Corvette and not a Cadillac. If you want a smooth ride buy a Cadillac.

Dream car!
By DempseyG

1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my second Vette. The first was an 82 Collector Edition. It was a good car and a lot of fun but had major problems. This car Easily gets 30mpg On the highway if I use "cruise". The car was sold new in Germany to a military person and shipped back here in '97. It's in great shape uses NO fluids of any type and ahs had to have no repairs since I bought it. Red w/black int. it's a real eye catcher and a lot of fun that costs me near nothing! I would only trade it for a newer one. I'm totally sold on Corvettes! Dollar for dollar, the best sports car in the world!

Favorite Features

Economy for a car with so much power!

Suggested Improvements

Something besides Bose for the stereo.

I love it anyway!
By BradleyP

1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got her with 96K miles, and now have 108K. I had to put about $2000 into repairs and general upkeep. I now have a slight tick in the rear end, could cost $1500 in parts. I am going to run it at the track again this year, we'll see how far I get! It drives great and very fun, but be prepared to spend money.

Favorite Features

Flying around turns and the way smoke rolls off the rear tires. Dog likes to lay down under the glass hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Everything will break at some point. If it doesnt, it is too expensive or not fast enough. Keep up the good work GM!