1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )
To hell and back, lived to tell the tale
By WoodRat1984 on 11/28/09 17:02 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought mine for 550 dollars, and almost 2 years later, I still own it. New radiator (ran all winter with no antifreeze!), new serp. Belt, oil changes and spark plugs, bulb replacements, and a new hood, all under 150 dollars! This car should still be in production. No Major problems, I recommend this car to anyone, doesn't matter if your rich or poor! Outstanding reliability! Man I wish I could have had this car sooner! Good performance! Smoked a 2008 Hyundai sonata! And an acura tsx! And any old Taurus or sable! Ha! And my car was practically free! In the process of tuning it up to beat a mustang hopefully, or to come close! Awesome car!

to hell and back.......
By Max on 08/27/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Could this be the perfect car? i saw my vehicle in a friends front yard for 550 dollars, with 98000 miles on it. now it has 203000 miles. what went wrong during my year and a half of ownership? nothing really! the only repairs ive had to make was spark plugs (looked like they were never changed!),a new radiator(i drove it too hard one night), and a new water pump and belt. and these repairs were far and few in between. i even drove this car in the cold winter of 2008 WITH NO ANTIFREEZE and it started and ran EVERY TIME!!! chevy should design all of their cars like this one. and the water pump didn't crap out until 150000 miles AFTER i got the car. that is damn good considering the age.

Lasted pretty long
By Jessie on 12/16/08 07:14 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

When this car died on me there were over 226,000 miles on it. Throughout its life-span I had to get a new engine put into it. The car did not brake well at all (very common for Corsicas). The paint faded, and there were other several major and/or minor repairs that I had to get on the car to make it last as long as it did. Except on the interstate, it had a comfortable drive. The interior is bland, and the exterior is even more bland. The radio did not have back speakers (don't understand the logic to that) and, therefore, did not have any bass to it. It's a good car for the average college student, but if you're gonna use it for business I would suggest you don't.

Depends
By phil n on 06/21/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Bought car for $300 with 240,000 km's on a 2.2. Have changed coil pack (real pain), transmission (more real pain), water pump (another pain) and other little things. Idle is erratic. Motor is unbelievable - neither uses oil nor leaks oil. When I check the oil it is cleaner than the oil in my wife's 2001 Focus! It's totally gutless around town unless you put your foot to the floor but seems to morph into another car on the highway - it'll do 85 without trying. I'm not really complaining because we have 'air care' (smog test) here and that inflates the price of any used car that passes and I was expecting to have to fix it up ua bit.

Still Surprising Me After Six Years!
By Brian in Boise on 11/25/07 13:20 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I can't say enough about this car. I bought it from a co-worker on whim for $300 because it needed a fuel pump. Shortly after we bought it we had to put in a water pump and an alternator. I was beginning to wonder what I was beginning to get into. That was six years and 50,000 miles ago and the car hasn't cost me a dime other than regular maintenance since! The V-6 has lots of power. The seats are comfortable and the driver's seat is roomy for my 6'4" frame. The A/C is cold and the heater is hot. The trunk is huge. I am a Realtor and I drive this car every day. I can fit my big signs in the trunk. The car always starts. I get 21 MPG in town and 29 on the highway at 75 MPH.

Starts Every Time
By chrissyc on 09/20/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Corsica for 16 months and am very happy with this car. Don't neglect the routine maintenance, (belts, hoses, brakes, tires and battery) and always keep your oil and filter changed at the right intervals and it should provide years of reliablity. Keep all other fluids at proper levels, too. Other than a waterpump and starter (those were a little expensive to replace) failing, no major problems. Things I've replaced: serpentine belt, battery, 1 heater hose, 1 lower radiator hose, fresh oil and filter changes, of course. I plan on replacing the spark plug wires- slight stumble accelerating. That'll fix it for sure. This is a great run-around car for shopping and chores.

Reliable Chevy Just Keeps On Running...
By Krissy36 on 09/20/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned this great car almost a year and a half now (November this year) and the only major problem was a leaking waterpump and a bad starter. That's it! Other than routine maintenance such as hoses, belts, brakes, tires, etc., as long as you keep up with things, no problems should occur. I've been very lucky. This car has been exceptional. The gas mileage is excellent, the plush, comfy seats are wonderful for my low back pain and sciatica! The Goodyear tires will last a very long time, but I do need a tire rotation- fronts to back, backs in front. I highly recommend this great, reputable, strong-running car to anyone looking for inexpensive transportation who is on a budget.

Durable, Strong-Running Chevy
By Happy Corsica Owner on 08/21/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Chevy for almost a year and a half and have had no major problems. The only issue I really had was replacement of water pump and starter. They were a little expensive to replace-but worth it. I keep my oil and filter changed every 3 mos/3,000 miles and besides new front brakes, that's really all it needs. Just keep up with the regular routine maintenance (belts, hoses, tires and brakes) and it'll run forever! I've replaced battery, waterpump, starter, serpentine belt and a rear wheel cylinder. I couldn't be happier with my car. Gas mileage is excellent around town and on the highway. For a 4 cylinder (2.2), it's got plenty of power! I highly recommend this car!!

Reliable Chevy
By chris1604 on 06/09/07 09:13 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had this car a little over a year and the only major problem I had was the cooling system. Only 2 radiator hoses were needed and that fixed the problem. I've been having a lot of trouble with the starter. Brought it to my mechanic after I had a fresh oil and filter change and when I hot the car to him, the starter was fine! Funny how after I replaced my air filter and the oil was changed, the starter problem actually cured itself! He said if it acts up again, he'll install a rebuilt one at no charge to me! The key turns every time and this I will never understand! Let's see how long until the problem occurs again!! It's a pleasure driving this car and the ride is very smooth.

Pleased Corsica Owner
By krissyc36 on 06/08/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for over a year and it's been very reliable and the engine and transmission are holding up well for a 16 year old car! Only major problem I had was a coolant problem (leaking) but 2 new hoses fixed that. It does need a new radiator, but my mechanic put some raqdiator stop leak on and it's lasted almost a year!! Will have to eventually replace. Replaced stareter yesterday. No serious problems at all. I love the smooth ride and comfort of this car. This car will go across country and back with no breakdowns! I'll own this until the wheels fall off! Will buy another one for a second car when and if mine dies.