Used 1991 Chevrolet Corsica LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )

To hell and back, lived to tell the tale
By WoodRat1984

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought mine for 550 dollars, and almost 2 years later, I still own it. New radiator (ran all winter with no antifreeze!), new serp. Belt, oil changes and spark plugs, bulb replacements, and a new hood, all under 150 dollars! This car should still be in production. No Major problems, I recommend this car to anyone, doesn't matter if your rich or poor! Outstanding reliability! Man I wish I could have had this car sooner! Good performance! Smoked a 2008 Hyundai sonata! And an acura tsx! And any old Taurus or sable! Ha! And my car was practically free! In the process of tuning it up to beat a mustang hopefully, or to come close! Awesome car!

Strong and stable motor, chassis, and build quality. Never had to be repaired constantly. Never stopped running. Came close one time, but my starter was just loose. Tightened it and it was back to normal. Definitely passed the test!

Rear cupholders would have been Nice. I like having no abs! So yeah more rear leg room, but thats what the seat adjusters are for right? more power in the 4 cyl. I'm done now...

to hell and back.......
By Max

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Could this be the perfect car? i saw my vehicle in a friends front yard for 550 dollars, with 98000 miles on it. now it has 203000 miles. what went wrong during my year and a half of ownership? nothing really! the only repairs ive had to make was spark plugs (looked like they were never changed!),a new radiator(i drove it too hard one night), and a new water pump and belt. and these repairs were far and few in between. i even drove this car in the cold winter of 2008 WITH NO ANTIFREEZE and it started and ran EVERY TIME!!! chevy should design all of their cars like this one. and the water pump didn't crap out until 150000 miles AFTER i got the car. that is damn good considering the age.

starts EVERY time, very good on gas with decent performance, no electrical failures, never stalled, always shifts, handles good, brakes good for no ABS, overall a very well designed car: out of all the other cars from its time its the only one i see still rolling. chevy needs to make this car again.

well its out of production, but a Z34 version or something would have been nice. or made a rear-wheel drive! wouldn't THAT be awesome! kiss those ricers goodbye

Lasted pretty long
By Jessie

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

When this car died on me there were over 226,000 miles on it. Throughout its life-span I had to get a new engine put into it. The car did not brake well at all (very common for Corsicas). The paint faded, and there were other several major and/or minor repairs that I had to get on the car to make it last as long as it did. Except on the interstate, it had a comfortable drive. The interior is bland, and the exterior is even more bland. The radio did not have back speakers (don't understand the logic to that) and, therefore, did not have any bass to it. It's a good car for the average college student, but if you're gonna use it for business I would suggest you don't.

Small car, average comfort, can get up to a pretty high speed pretty quick, a lot of trunk space

Here's what I'd say if GM actually still made this car: CD player, back speakers, paint that actually lasts, better suspension, more powerful A/C and heater, breaks that actually work right, power windows, more attractive exterior

Depends
By phil n

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Bought car for $300 with 240,000 km's on a 2.2. Have changed coil pack (real pain), transmission (more real pain), water pump (another pain) and other little things. Idle is erratic. Motor is unbelievable - neither uses oil nor leaks oil. When I check the oil it is cleaner than the oil in my wife's 2001 Focus! It's totally gutless around town unless you put your foot to the floor but seems to morph into another car on the highway - it'll do 85 without trying. I'm not really complaining because we have 'air care' (smog test) here and that inflates the price of any used car that passes and I was expecting to have to fix it up ua bit.

Seats, cup holder, no oil leaks, highway performance, cheap parts

Paint, sun visors (they were both broken and when I went to get replacements at the wreckers they were all broken too)

Still Surprising Me After Six Years!
By Brian in Boise

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I can't say enough about this car. I bought it from a co-worker on whim for $300 because it needed a fuel pump. Shortly after we bought it we had to put in a water pump and an alternator. I was beginning to wonder what I was beginning to get into. That was six years and 50,000 miles ago and the car hasn't cost me a dime other than regular maintenance since! The V-6 has lots of power. The seats are comfortable and the driver's seat is roomy for my 6'4" frame. The A/C is cold and the heater is hot. The trunk is huge. I am a Realtor and I drive this car every day. I can fit my big signs in the trunk. The car always starts. I get 21 MPG in town and 29 on the highway at 75 MPH.

The cupholder in the center console and the slide out cup holders in the dash. The map pockets in the doors. The large trunk. The comfortable and roomy front seats. The fuel economy. The reliability.

The rear seat space is small, but I can slide up enough to allow seating. All of the paint peeled off, but a $400 Maaco paint job has held up for 5 years now. Several plastic pieces inside rattle and I can never seem to fix them. This is really my only real let down with the car.