Good to be back in a small car.
By Jeff on
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
My last small car was a Toyota Tercel, after which I drove trucks for 14 years. I test-drove and looked at every other small car I could find before buying this. I am currently driving it locally around town (computer says average speed 21 mph), and like the 29 MPG I'm getting after putting a whole paycheck into my truck every month. It's nimble, turns very tight, and has decent acceleration. Since I don't drive very fast at all, I love it. The drivers seat took some fooling around to get comfortable, but my long legs are happy. This has the same engine as our '05 Malibu, which has run perfect for 2 1/2 years now. We did buy the center armrest for our LS, I recommend it.
Favorite Features
Everything where I can see and reach it well. Mine might have originally been a special order, since I have air, auto, and the .mp3 cd-player. Easy to manuever around crowded parking. Doesn't look like it, but the trunk holds a lot.
Suggested Improvements
Why do the headrests lean forward so much? You have to drop the seat back to get your head to be straight against the headrest. Like others said, add a telescoping steering wheel to help long-legged people. We have to compromise between leg and arm comfort. Small back room? Don't care.