2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
This is a crapalier
By Crapalier on 04/04/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new. Had 3 transmission replacements, which never got totallly fixed, cd player eats cds, engine stalls, wheel bearing broke, inspection fails every time, very ugly interior, the cup holder is in the way, major oil leakage, and so many other problems. This car all around stinks!

Great little car
By dunnr on 09/06/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car if you are not looking to spend a fortune, but want to get plenty of options. This car has all the options you could get in 2003 except a sunroof.

Economical and reliable
By Maggie on 08/21/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with nine miles on it, so all of its miles have been mine. It's solid on fuel economy and roomy for a small sedan. I've had very few problems with it (an automatic window motor was replaced under warranty and I've had a tire and battery go, but that's been it). I have two small peeves: the back windows won't go all the way down, which my 11-year-olds hate and the temp control is right where your drink is, which means an extra step when you don't want to be fumbling with a travel mug. Other than that, it's been a great car thus far. I'm going to keep it until the 11-year-olds get their licenses--if I live that long-- so I'm taking very good care of the car.

What a car
By puck on 06/07/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used from and old couple with only 20,000 miles. Thought what a great deal. Had to got to the dealership 3 times for recalls that take 3-5 hrs at a time. Got everything standard nothing special;. Stereo quits, cds get stuck. The seals on the doors and windows like to come off. I found out the car I paid $15,000 for a year later was only worth $2,600, now even less. Can we fix the funny sounds when you can barely hear the radio over the wind while on the freeway. I love my car but by now all the bugs should've been worked out.

Too Good To Be True
By HEID on 12/12/05 18:29 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I should have known the price was too good to be true, I love to drive my car, however that is when it runs. It only has 32000 miles on it, and is in the shop more than driven, and Chevy does not stand behind their work. I think itÂ’s a good starter car, but if you want a reliable car for day to day never ever by a Cavalier. Trust me I learned the hard way, and still owe 10,000.00 on the car

Really Good Basic Transport
By analyzerlx on 10/03/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this Cavalier from Vegas to Baltimore, MD. back to Vegas and then to Georgia. It's been everywhere in-between. I've used it as a pizza delivery car! I think GM did right with this engine and body style. I wish the fit-and-finish were up to Asian and Euro standards, but you get what you pay for I guess. I like the Cobalt, but think the Cavalier has a better look. Cavalier may have been a checkered ast, but it still is one of Chevy's best selling cars ever! Cobalt should be renamed Cavalier to keep the legacy alive. I bought my car as a standard 4-door sedan w/o all the bells and whistles inside. I've had to replace the trunk latch. Overall a great American car!

2003 Cavalier
By Jim on 09/10/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a 96 Cavalier coupe, and putting 175,000 miles on it with no problems, original everything, I had to get a new one with the awsome ecotec. Performance mods are endless. even better than my first!

Happy with Cavalier
By James O'Melia on 07/24/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased it new and have had no problems. This is my second Cavalier, having bought a '97 new. Great A/C and heat, pickup, reliability, and gas mileage. I like its looks too. I disagree with Consumer Reports concerning this vehicle's comfort and interior design. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for cheap transportation and some degree of style.

Wish there were no problems
By Denise on 06/29/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car has had some issues. My windows needed to be repaired two times under initial warranty. Make rear seat came off tracking and needed repair. My trunk latch has issues and needs to be closed several times before latching. With all the shutting, the spoiler has cracked and need to take it into the dealership. I got a nice blue color which I loved but the car has so many scratches, it looks pathetic. This was the first brand new car I purchased and have been very disappointed. BTW - wheels on sports model are VERY expensive to replace if a flat hurts rim. The car also uses special oil filter which some places charge an extra $10 to change.

Practical and inexpensive
By Hibiscus on 06/07/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 9 miles on it and have put almost 17,000 miles on it since May 2003. It has great mileage, it's very reliable and seats our family of five in comfort. I've had squeaky brakes, but my mechanic says these Cavaliers come with brakes that have a high metallic content. They work fine, but make a funny sound sometimes. This model has had three recalls for small items: a computer chip was reprogrammed, rear lights were replaced and an emissions sticker was added later. This is an inexpensive car that's great to drive and has a terrific sound system. This is the third Cavalier I've had and they've all been very reliable since I got my first in 1986. I'm very happy with it!