Glad I Got Rid Of It!!!!
By eri-bear on
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe
I totally loved this car when I bought it new 4 years ago, soon after I began having more and more problems: the CD player broke, the dash creaked(had it replaced 2x, the last time it cracked in half), battery leaked acid all over engine(most of the repairs not covered under warranty), air conditioner makes terrible sounds when idling(dealer mech. said this car was cheap and bottom of line), horrible sounds coming from tires(dealer mech. couldn't hear it???), had to be towed to the dealership twice because it wouldn't start, the accessory fuse shorted after the first use(had the short fixed but it happened again), had fuel pump replaced...only has 22K miles.
Favorite Features
I loved the sporty look and feel when I drove it, but I had so many problems with it that I decided to sell it and by a new Toyota Corolla instead, it is sporty and has a five star crash rating.
Suggested Improvements
I CAN NOT BELIEVE A CAR THIS UNSAFE IN CRASH TESTS(ONE AND TWO STARS OUT OF FIVE)(A CERTAIN DEATH TRAP OR AS I LIKE TO TELL MY PASSENGERS "HOPE YOU DON'T MIND BROKEN HIPS")WOULD BE AVAILIABLE FOR SALE IN THE US. SHAME ON GM FOR WANTING TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK ON AN "AFFORDABLE" CAR.