1993 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Life expectancy?
By CN on 12/30/08 22:25 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I recently purchased 2door coupe from dealer. For the price and high mileage I consider the book value is on cue. However after a brief vehicle check I found to be the 11th owner. It tells me that 10 other people used this particular car for one year and put about the nominal 12 to 13000 miles on it. If it is such a nice car why did so many trade it in like a bad check? Anyhow it still needs work like the heat to be looked at. To my understanding the thermostat tends to be a major problem in this style of chevy. Perhaps this is a common thing if so then perhaps Cheverolet should have put a more proper stat to suit such a large sport engine.

American Muscle
By apballin on 02/25/08 12:19 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome. Hit the gas and hold on. Bought the car with 89000mi. I have surprised new Chargers and Mustangs with LT1 power.This car will get sideways when you stomp the gas. Definitely a car worth purchasing. Funnest car I have ever driven.

Clean Camaro
By mindi dimeo on 12/10/04 00:34 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this vehicle used, re-painted to impove black sports car appeal. High mileage 120,000 - expected normal maintenance, brakes etc. Above that repaired many oil leaks - all minor problems, minimal costs - most major repair was alternator. Although you gotta love Chevy, purchased one from junk yard for $35 with lifetime warranty - still working now! Updated tires and wheels to 96 Trans Am style - most expensive addition, but improved look of car tremendously. Drives every day for personal and business use - has suprisingly high cargo capacity, excellant vehicle except in inclement weather.

bring it back
By josh bardin on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Z28 for almost 4 years and have 183,000 miles on it. The LT1 is so reliable. It still has original plugs,fuel filter,serp belt and hoses. I take care of the car but dont baby it-5000 rpm is pretty common. Burns no oil,but does leak a little-big deal- still beats almost any import on the road and still gets over 23 mpg at 75+mph. Toyota-like reliability.

The 1993 Camaro
By teucer on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

Bought my '93 Camaro at the dealership in which I worked in '00; the car had 64,000 miles on it. The car has a lot of low-end power, even in v6 form, because of it's OHV engine layout (now rare in a market dominated by OHC imports). Only repairs performed are replacement of ball-joints, tie-rods, etc. (usual in an older car, especially in New England). 40k miles later, it has definitely proven dependable. eople will tell you it's bad in the snow...those are the people you don't want to get in a car with. If know how to drive, you can drive a rear-wheel drive car in adverse weather; people forget that years ago RWD was the ONLY option available.

Great Car!!!
By CamaroguyPSP on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Got the car when I was 16, and have never stopped loving it. LT1 has great power and the torque keeps from having to switch gears. I drive the car nearly everyday and have never had a problem with it. You just can't beat the value or the joy it is to drive with any other comparable car!

Good Car
By yella_ducky04 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

I just got this car a month ago. I like it a lot. It's used and has a lot of miles on it, but it dosent have any problems. Which is suprising because it's ten years old. I hope I have it for a long time.

Great American F-Body
By RPB28 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

This car is a dream...not only does it go fast but its as reliable as a honda

camaro keeps on going
By Georgerx7 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

excellent vehicle, lasts long and takes a beating.

1993 Camaro V6
By Camaroguy1993 on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

My camaro handles very very well, besides the poor fuel economy in town the car is great. I get 28 miles a gallon on the freeway cruzing at speeds of 80-85 mph. Front seats have alot of room but that back seats are kinda small but I am 6'2 and its not to bad for short rides. Handling around corners in the camaro is great it hugs the road really nice. The body style is the same from 93-02 besides the front head lights that changed.