1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Comfortable Ride with Poor Rel

1995 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Review

Comfortable Ride with Poor Relability
By Melissa Martin on

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a clean, well maintained car in good shape with 196K and I'm now at 230K. I've replaced:heater control switch,4X4 switch, wiper delay module,complete exhaust (inc. catalytic convertor & 02 sensors), brakes & lines, EGR valve,ECM,ignition wires,cap & rotor,fuel filter & tires. The truck also needs a gas tank & sending unit,front wheel bearing and a driver side door lock. Thank god my boyfriend is a mechanic - otherwise I would hate this car. Parts-wise its costing a fortune. I bought it cheap but I'm paying for it. Don't buy this car used if you want something reliable. Look to something like a Toyota Rav4, I wish I did! A comfortable but expensive ride with poor gas mileage(16-20mpg)

Power drivers seats, visibility and height, fold down rear seats, plenty of room for passengers in the back, 4WD in the snow and ice and good power for towing.

Improve the build quality. For a car that was in good shape, everything is falling apart after 200K & it can be scary. When the heater control switch failed I had smoke curling out of the dash! Gas mileage could definitely be better. At current prices its a little expensive for highway drives