do NOT buy
By millerk06 on
2009 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
This car has been nothing but a nightmare since day 1. I have had my tire pressure light looked at over 5 times and it's still not fixed. Going on the interstate is terrible, the air fades out and starts blowing hot and the dealer "doesn't know why". The key hole in the driver's side door has fallen through and is stuck in the door. Its not a quality Chevy, the plant for Daewoo was purchased by Chevy and this is the result - a Korean piece of crap. Read reviews and research before purchasing.
Favorite Features
none
Suggested Improvements
recall it!
By gotosleepworld
on 08/22/12 18:52 PM (PDT)

Please listen to this person. Everything they said is true. My Aveo has been a nightmare since day one. Let's start with the weird window scratching--no idea where the scratches came from, unless the dealer covered them up. Compressor had to be replaced, and car is in shop right now for electrical problems. I too had a problem with the tire pressure light, and also the check engine light. Both turned out to be some loose wire that a friend of mine was able to take care of for me. The dealership knows me by name because I am there so often with vehicle problems. If you are thinking of buying an Aveo, DONT!!!! I cannot stress that enough. I don't drive my car more than 15 miles a day--if that--and I've had it for less than two years. This car is a piece of junk, and I hate it so much that I'd sell it to the next person for waaaaaay less than the blue book value. Because of the Aveo, I will never purchase another Chevy, or any other car brand affiliated with GM.