2006 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
First New Cadillac
By Dr Leonard Pal on 05/26/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It feels good in these times to have bought an American product. Is every bit as good, if not better, than the BMW I bought new, or the Lexus bought new.

Great Car
By Rob on 05/23/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car, much improved over the DeVille, and it sells for LESS than the old version. It is a quiet and a very well thought out car. I love the "rumble" you hear from the exhaust when you give it a little acceleration.

GM Got it Right!
By RKing99 on 05/20/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really like the car. It is my first Cadillac. It replaced a Q45. It has nice power, a great sound, and excellent build quality. My wife wanted comfortable seats, not European / Japanese hard seats. She really likes the comfort now and does not complain after long trips. The car is really quiet and has an excellent ride. The car has excellent handling abilities on the highway, tight steering, and only a little lean in the corners and curves for a car of this size and comfort.

Excellent Car
By cjnuss on 05/20/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the thrid Cadillac that I have owned since 1976. The DTS is the best handling and the most quiet of the three. I have the Luxury 2 model with chrome wheels, titanium paint, and the trunk package. I have had no trouble with it since my purchase.

Just in the Nick of Time
By Peter on 05/13/06 00:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a certified 2003 ETC and wanted to get another but, sadly, the Eldorado was discontinued in 2002. I had no plans to get another Cadillac because none of their other models appealed to me, but the 2006 DTS, is no longer an "old-folk's", boat of a car and it really got my attention. It looks great inside and out. The Performance package has more options than one has the right expect. Getting all the preferences set takes some study and experimentation, but this car really pampers you once they are. The DTS has plenty of power, as good as my ETC and is very quiet and well-mannered on the road. The environment control is superb.

Personal Opinion
By Charlie on 05/10/06 16:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac DTS has an excellent appearance and outstanding performance, It is pleasant driving, smooth riding, and has no outside wind noise. I get many favorable comments from passing pedestrians. It is my 13th Cadillac and I trade every two years. It is somewhat lacking on gas mileage in city driving though.

Very, very happy
By Happy owner on 05/10/06 00:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my DTS Performance for 3 months and with the exception of its fuel consumption I could not be happier. I've had several back operations and needed a comfortable smooth riding car I got beyond my expectations with the DTS. It has power to spare. Comfort and ameneties are plentiful. My favorite option is the adaptive cruise control which does an amazing job maitaining safe spacing between cars. The front and rear heated/cooled seats are extremely comfortable. The sound system is excellent though with the nav system you loose the six disc changer. Other manufacturers manage to have a CD changer with nav system. GM should do so too. Everything else is great.

Nice Car for the Price
By sleepla on 05/09/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got an ex-rental Cadillac DTS for $32,000. In my opinion, it is the best car for the money.

Best Yet
By Betty Henson on 05/09/06 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving Cadillacs since 1976 and this 2006 DTS is my favorite of all. I love the new body style, as well as the improvements on the inside. The color is Blue Ice, beautiful, rich color.

I Just Love It
By Denny Pemberton on 05/03/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I made the mistake of buying an '05 STS, to me it's not what I consider a Cadillac, it rode rough and you could hear and feel every little bump, they tried to make a sports car out of a luxury car and they were way off, so in Apr of '06 I bought a new DTS. Believe me there's a world of difference The ride, style, comfort and room just to name a few. Try the DTS and you'll love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.