2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Best cars ive owned
By cadiman95 on 10/29/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad just bought me this car it is very pretty i love it best car ive driven. The performance of this car is amazing for a car that weighs almost 5000 pounds it can beat any car off the line and in a race. All of my cadillacs have made it to 200000 miles without any problems. When you buy cadillacs look for the R sticker under the hood if it has that then it weill last you as long as you want. The girls also love it. I raced my friend who had a 2008 infiniti m35x and he was amazed at how fast this car is. It is so comfortable but at the same time fun to drive. no japanese car can match this car. I love cadillacs and will own one for as long as i live you really need to buy and own one.

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned
By EX-GM Fan on 08/25/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a week. It's looks/comfort are up there with Mercedes, but I have owned many different cars and this car is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past year I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though there is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the transmission fluid sensor is broken, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is broken...HONDA HERE I COME!

Build quality
By JJ on 08/16/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 51,000 miles. It is a beautiful fun to drive car. However, this car has many repair problems, i.e., oil leaks, steering problems, I have had many sensors replaced, both front hubs, both cv joints, water pump,a/c compressor and too many other repairs to mentions. I feel a vehicle with only 90000 miles should not have had that many repairs. I have a 93 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles and I can count the repairs I have made on it.

To Caddy or Not to Caddy
By koole on 02/19/07 07:27 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DeVille is a great looking car. It has abundant features. I wish it had cooled seats like '04 and newer models though. It also has a nice clean interior setup, everything is easily within driver's reach.

Third Cadillac
By PhantomCadillac on 10/24/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a month. I have put 4,000 miles on it. The ride is excellent. The nav system needs a way to update. The night vision is ok but not really needed. Back up sensors are a really nice touch. The rain sensors are a nice added touch. One problem already is the seloniod in the transmission has gone bad and it will cost about $2,000 to fix. This is my third Cadillac and I have enjoyed everyone of them.

Love my DTS!
By Teresa on 08/16/05 00:42 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have always had Cadillac Sevilles, this is my 1st DeVille. I love the interior of the DTS it reminds me of the Seville.

ONE of the Best I've Owned
By Davidscadillac on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had car going on 4yrs. It is one of the best cars I have owned. Comfortable, great accessories, pretty good hwy mileage. Overall just a great car.

BEST RIDE I EVER OWNED
By FRANKPSR on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

ELECTRONICS ARE SHAKEY BUT OK FOR EVERYDAY USE. iF YOU LIKE STYLE POWER AND COMFORT, THIS IS THE ONE

Exceptional sports car in disguise.
By Janet S. on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Drove 3yrs.(lease) The driver seat heater had to be replaced and the front dash, for buckling. The dealer did so with no hassle. Great car. Great performance. It's like driving a racecar/sportscar in disguise, because you have all the luxury too. Cadillac is exceptional with latest technology. I grew to love and depend on the backup sensors. They even go off if someone is walking behind your car and you don't see them yet. The only reason I'm changing vehicles is this model change doesn't allow the front seat to extend back far enough to allow my 6'2" husband the leg room he needs to drive comfortably. He loves the passenger seat though!!

Most Excellent Large Luxury Sedan
By Baron87 on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just a fabulous vehicle for anyone looking to buy a large luxury sedan with lots of power, room, performance, and exceptional quality/reliability.