1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1999 Cadillac D'Elegance
By robooo on 02/21/13 15:32 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2011 with 92k miles, had to have new front struts put on by dealer. Now at 120k miles, I have had to put new radiator fans, new radiator as fans ruined the radiator, torque converter, TPS sensor, a blower motor which took a week to get a 5 bolt since most are 3 bolt and just recently a water pump. All are expensive to fix. Good running car, but like everyone says, they can be expensive to fix. If you buy one used, make sure you like the car and have some money set aside to fix them. Watch your selling price, weak resale value for a Cadillac. Heated seats don't work. Had to convert rear suspension

What a deal!
By albee213 on 12/20/12 18:40 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have two Deville D'elegance Cadillacs, one a 98 and the other a 99. I purchased the 99 with 89k and owner though engine head gasket was blown, tested engine, nothing wrong but the thermostat was rusted shut. New thermo, flush and coolant and it runs perfect, better than my 98 and it only has 65k, I can not explain it, the 99 engine is smoother and more powerful. I would recomend these cars to only someone who is willing to spend money if something goes wrong, its worth every penny when you compare it to modern cars at 50 plus thousand dollars.

clear
By caddylover on 06/10/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

My 1999 cadillac deville has been great. It is loaded has 60,000 miles. it is the best car you can buy. Great car for anyone who wants luxury.

99 Deville
By tc2lb on 03/21/06 20:46 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

In my opinion the 1999 DeVille is one of the best Cadillacs ever made. The comfort of its ride is surpassed by none. It has plenty of horsepower to float down the highway. The interior is full of gadgets and comfort. Need I say more?

Luv my Caddy
By Denise on 01/18/06 17:24 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I needed a car with some good comforts for traveling as I drive long distance about 8 hours a day, 3 times a week. I had been driving other cars and noticed how stiff I was after getting out of the car. When I first got my Cadillac I noticed that my back no longer hurt. Oh what a relief, that alone was well worth me getting this car. I am looking forward to my next Cadillac.

Fine design - but Premium Fuel
By pecans on 12/13/05 17:31 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car and while it wouldn't have been a car I would buy personally, I found it a definite pleasure to drive. The leather and power seats were comfortable to my sore back. The front passenger amenities were 1st class. Driving conservatively gave 28 mpg highway. As a touring car, the quiet smooth ride delivers an elegant driving experience.

Caddylicious
By opus229 on 11/21/05 12:07 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

What a great car! I bought the 50th Anniversary Gold Package Edition 1999 Cadillac DeVille on Ebay recently and its a real head-turner. Not to mention the air-ride, lotsa room, a REAL trunk, power everything, comfort and the ride, ride, ride! I've had new Lexi, a few BMWs and Mercedes and its ride is head and shoulders above all of them put together. OK, it doesn't corner like the overpriced German junk or go 160 mph, and although the Japanese have most of it right they just don't seem to have it as good as the Caddys. I have a Corvette or two and its funny how when I get in the 1999 Caddy I start to drive real slow! It must be my way of enjoying the phenominal ride! Grab one up if you can!

Great Used Choice
By billc on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I picked this car up as a lease return. I bought it instead of a new vehicle of another model and now I understand why Cadillac is the number one American Luxury Car. My car is used primarily for pleasure trip and aome short trips around town, but at 3 years old it still turns heads and gets compliments everywhere we go. I am sold on driving a Caddy and the dealerships sales and service have been outstanding. I am treated just as if I was the first owner who purchased it new.

buy junk--- by american
By r kitchen on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

lemon from the beginning. Poor quality in assembly, poor dealer support, in fact dealer support borders on legal theft. attitude of customer NO service deplorable. Very uncomfortable for extended trips