1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1999 Cadillac D'Elegance
By robooo on 02/21/13 15:32 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2011 with 92k miles, had to have new front struts put on by dealer. Now at 120k miles, I have had to put new radiator fans, new radiator as fans ruined the radiator, torque converter, TPS sensor, a blower motor which took a week to get a 5 bolt since most are 3 bolt and just recently a water pump. All are expensive to fix. Good running car, but like everyone says, they can be expensive to fix. If you buy one used, make sure you like the car and have some money set aside to fix them. Watch your selling price, weak resale value for a Cadillac. Heated seats don't work. Had to convert rear suspension

What a deal!
By albee213 on 12/20/12 18:40 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have two Deville D'elegance Cadillacs, one a 98 and the other a 99. I purchased the 99 with 89k and owner though engine head gasket was blown, tested engine, nothing wrong but the thermostat was rusted shut. New thermo, flush and coolant and it runs perfect, better than my 98 and it only has 65k, I can not explain it, the 99 engine is smoother and more powerful. I would recomend these cars to only someone who is willing to spend money if something goes wrong, its worth every penny when you compare it to modern cars at 50 plus thousand dollars.

I Feel Lucky
By junebreeze on 07/10/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it had low milege and I was able to buy it very cheap because it was already 11 years old. I am sooo glad I found it. It rides like a new one. I have had it 2 years and I know it only has 60,000 miles on it but I can not say one thing negative about it. The power is wonderful, the traction is tops. The gas milege isn't even bad for it's model and size. The paint job is a beaut. It gleams! Thank you Cadillac!

mrdeville(PHX, AZ) 99 deville-base
By mrdeville on 01/11/12 10:40 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

i owned this car for 1 yr now. & i love it, it has power & comfort & heads turn cause i got 16' wire wheels on him. my caddy is all car & drives smooth, so far nothin major has gone wrong with it & it has 88,700 miles on it. juss minor things like the antennea motor & d/s window motor, i totally luv this car it is my BABY. i will never get rid of it!!!!my wife didn't want it till she drove it,& then she was convinced she wanted it!!!!

Snowplow Caddy
By Caino on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I drive 80 miles round trip daily to work. I live in northern Maine, 2 hours north of Bangor, me. I've had to plow my way out of my driveway, and out of 2 other roads (2 miles) before I got to main road, at 3:30am. Sometimes i had to plow the main road for miles before it was plowed going through 1 to 2 ft. Drifts. That car never faltered once! I' driven through countless blizzards! That car is the most reliable car I've ever driven. The front wheel drive along with the heavy v8 northstar engine gave the car unbelievable traction. I never worried about being stuck in snow or heavy slush. It was safe consistent and dependable. If I hit a moose it would land on the hood and not on me. Car is bigger than moose!

Who's your Caddy?
By Richsap on 07/19/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd pre-owned Cadillac I've had the pleasure to purchase, and they just keep getting better. I traded up from a '95 Concours to a '99 DeVille and now to a '99 Concours. As with most vehicles, the older the car the more likely issues come up, and Cadillacs are no exception. The '95 was on the verge of becoming unreliable, which I attribute to a faulty fuel injector and a starter that had an intermittent issue and would on occasion not function. The '99 Deville was (is) a beauty, until it got hit by an idiot running a red light and totaled by the insurance company. I used the funds to purchase the '99 Concours, and after replacing a malfunctioning alternator it runs & drives like new

Dream ride
By midway on 05/08/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have owned for 10 yrs, now at 100,000 miles it still runs and looks like new. Never had a major issue with this car, it's never left me stranded and always starts right up. Everything still works! Can't understand why everyone knocks American car quality!

I love it
By Kareem on 03/11/10 18:06 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

For a car that's 10 years old it still turns heads. I did my research on the northstar before i bought it and heard nothing but horror stories. but at 143,000 miles it runs perfect. it runs so good i wonder if the engine or trans has been rebuilt.but with the high mileage I'm prepared for something to go wrong.

the true american luxury automobile
By AI on 02/20/10 13:26 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

i recently purchased this 1999 deville concours with 73000 mi on it so far it is a blast to drive and very comfortable and quiet,i have driven mb's,lexus,infinity and bmers this car is equal to and even surpasses them as far as build, fit and finish and ride and performance this is the true american luxury automobile. i am sold and a convert from foriegn to american congrats cadillac.

Lemon
By jsmith on 11/25/09 11:56 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car for my wife and ended up with a boat load of problems. At 157,000 The passenger side CV Axle, Left Front Bearing & Driver's side Hub Assembly, Heater Core and sensors showing probloem with Torte Converter Lock-up and Fuel Level Sensor. My advice stay away from this money pit.