1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Very Reliable Car
By bcgrizzard on 07/01/13 22:38 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This Sedan Deville has been nothing but good to me. I have taken it on multiple 2 to 3 trips and is my daily driver. It has had almost everything replaced on it but you have to realize that this car is 20 years old. With that being said, the car drives smooth with no real engine problems other than consumption of coolant, which is to be expected with older cars. Gas mileage is right around 16 in the city and 19 on the highway! Would recommend this car if in great to good condition!

My Dream Car became my Nightmare Car!
By Ruthie on 08/06/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I thought I was going to enjoy this Cadillac; it has been a pain since I bought it. Paid $6000.00 cash, I have had to spend over $4000.00 for parts that normally don't go out on cars. 3 gas tanks, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, new tires, new brakes and now brake booster going out after 1 month of having new brakes put on. I wish I had turned my head when I saw this one, I will never ever buy a Cadillac again. It looks great but it has to many major things wrong with it. I am really sadden with my Cadillac and very disappointed with it.

Lap of Luxury
By DEVILLE-FAN on 07/30/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Deville in November of 2008 primarily to be a basic A to B car that I felt would be able to keep me safe during the winter driving months. I only paid $700 dollars for it, and to me it was the deal of the century. It was evident that the car started its life in Florida. The body was in excellent condition, and the interior had worn well for its age. The leather seats were very comfortable. More so than my sofa. The car was as smooth going over the road as an ocean liner, but the downside was that it took turns with all the agility of the Titanic. It was clear what market this car was engineered to satisfy, but even still I did enoy the feeling of riding on air.

My Caddy
By Adael on 07/22/09 09:24 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our Caddy a year and a half ago, it only had 64,000 miles on it. Now it is up to 80,000 and have not had to do much more than regular maintenance. We had to replace rear brake cylinders, the power steering line, and would like to replace the stereo system. The antenna no longer goes all the way back down & we only have one working speaker. Our mechanic has been hesitant to do a complete tune-up, so maybe taking it to a dealer would be a better idea.

92 & Still like new
By Dave on 03/07/09 03:32 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car is the best auto iv ever bought it has way more power then youll ever need and makes less noise then newer cars on the job site.i know now why people drive the way they do in a cadi.beacouse you ARE the king of the road.watch the speedo. though because 85 feels the same as 35.i once was doin 40 on the interstate (midafter noon) didnt realize it till school bus pasted me but even then i was like "oh well"the min speed lmnt.is 40 and i was just enjoin my ride.

AVOID Cadillac products like the plague
By 6dutchman6 on 03/01/09 13:16 PM (PST)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

PROS: Yah right CONS: 1. Stupid computer controlled climate control system that never kicks in right away while your freezing your butt off in minus degree weather. 2. Faulty parts abound, this thing literally falls apart and leaves on the side of the road stranded, one time on a -36 C night. 3. Unreliable, it's seen more miles behind a tow truck. 4. Only Cadillac can make a car that breaks while washing it. FAULTY seals let water into manifold $170.0 repair.

The Cadillac is the Car to have!
By Mike on 01/13/08 15:54 PM (PST)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the top of the line luxury with all of the best stuff in it. It is nicer than both my parents new cars! The only thing that is bad is that GM cheaped out on sum parts of the car. The paint is chipping away a little(it has been since 1995) and the chrome is pitted. Otherwise the car is amazing. The best car I have ever driven in!

Good car ....BUT!
By James on 08/06/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

In general I'm satisfied with my DeVille, which now has 220,000 miles on it. You have to be willing to pay the price however. Repairs for this car have been frequent and costly. I have replaced everything but the engine and transmission. We're going for the second time around for the compressor/evaporator. As I say, nice car, but you need to have money to repair it. The car has been garaged most of the years that I have owned it.

Alive at 191,000 miles
By Ruthie on 11/17/05 08:37 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Cadillac DeVille on a lark in 1995 without research and was expecting to suffer from my rashness. However, this car has been a dream. It is attractive, classy, extremely comfortable, steady on the road and safe. I've had two accidents, one nearly totally the car, with no injuries (thank God). Regarding gas milage, thanks to the computer, I can monitor my driving style and easily get 21 mpg city - better than many new cars on the market. At 191,000 miles, the motor is in excellent shape with mainly routine maintenance for the 10 years I have owned the car. I want a new car now, but each time I look and compare it with what I have, and car payments, I just keep driving.

Classic Caddy Style
By Frankie on 07/26/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been very good to me in the 2 years I have owned it. Besides the normal repairs needed with this car (truck latch, power antenna, brakes, master cylinder, tune up etc.) it has been very reliable. As long as it is maintained, it will last a long time. My car has made the cross country trip more then once, and is still running strong at 160,000 miles. I still get many compliments on it today.