2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Had to trade Ol' Bessie in...
By emmygirl on 03/22/13 03:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted so badly for the SUV to perform up to my expectations, and it did... for a while. Bought my 2006 in 2008 with 48k miles on it. High, but I got a great deal. The ride was always smooth and quiet, styling was great in the front and inside- the hatchback styled rear is terrible, and the split panelling on some models- ugh! Horrendous. Sadly over 4 years the wiring went out underneath the car which made it stop... mid drive. I replaced the radiator, there were yearly replacements to a wheel bearing, and my fuel level indicator crapped out so I regularly ran out of gas. Finally the A/C drain hose pretty much ruined my interior with mold and I finally had to trade it in.

Very Nice Vehicle
By DCSFORUM on 04/24/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle through a private sale with 45,000 miles and still under warranty. Researched a lot of vehicles before deciding that we wanted a Rendezvous because it is a great combination of flexible utility and roominess, fuel economy, comfort and quality. This is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Like the 3.5L engine a lot - smooth, quiet, and plenty of power. I have gotten over 30 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. Has a high-quality feel to it. Has a good amount of room inside for the fuel mileage. Larger utility vehicles like the Trailblazer get much worse mileage. I think they had the bugs worked out of these for 2006/2007 model years. Really a nice family vehicle.

Go to the Mountains
By paladin on 06/12/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A well designed and comfortable car. My wife began driving it when new and now I have it. (OK, I did buy another!) We like to travel in the Buick and find the ease of driving a real plus. Access to controls, reaction of the car to my comands and fuel economy is great. We average 25 on the road and 19-20 in town. Recommend this car to you. The only problem has been that my wife likes the 2007 evan better!!

The Perfect SUV on a car chassis
By Carol on 05/09/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the finest vehicle I've ever owned and I've even owned other Buicks. Its comfortable like a sedan but holds a mountain of stuff. Steering and handling are perfect. Its a shame its been discontinued. Kinda helps me understand why GM is in the mess its in though.

A Great Vehicle!
By Paul Camern on 04/08/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased my Rendezvous brand new in 2006 and bought out lease in 2009 because I have never owned a more reliable and dependable vehicle than this. Buick hit it out of the park with the 2006 model yr. and wish they were still being built since the Enclave is too big and much more expensive than the Rendezvous. For an Suv it handles very well, it's a Buick so it is very well appointed. Gas MPG is remarkable getting 20 mpg in town and 27 mpg on the hwy. Other than oil changes and the 30,000 mile maintenance, I have not spent one cent on my Rendezvous!

2006 Buick CLX 3.5L FWD
By R. Edwards on 12/25/08 17:10 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased this car in January 2006, and love it. We plan to buy out the lease in Apr. 2009. We have every option but the sunroof. We get about 25 MPH on the road and 19Mph in city driving. The car has more storage room than my 2007 GMC Envoy. The residuals have come down dramatically and we can now buy it at a resonable price. My wife is estatic.

Great SUV
By Sam on 12/09/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been really happy with this car. It gets around 23-25 mpg on the highway at speeds of 70-80 mph. The around town mileage has been 21.5 mpg. It rides great and the seats are really nice. It is a CXL with sunroof and every other option minus DVD and navigation but the Garmin nuvi 550 takes care of that. I've just travelled 7,000 miles in the last 3 months across the country, no problems at all. I highly recommend this car.

It grew on me
By Eddie on 09/06/08 02:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first saw this vehicle I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Was it a minivan or an SUV and it screamed soccor mom. I'm a 43 year old single dad and like to think I'm still a little cool. However after driving it, I was sold! Handles well, good pick up, loaded with interior compartments, decent stock stereo, lots of room and very comfortable. The end result, I love it!

Great Car
By Sam Keifer on 08/03/08 05:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a number of vehicles and liked the way the Rendevous felt on the road. I have been happy with the fuel economy. 21.5 average and 25.5 on the highway at 70 MPH. Overall, it is a great car. The editors and other people don't rate it like the owners...but drive it you'll like it and you'll like the price of insurance and the price of the vehicle.

06 Rendezvous
By Cathy on 06/30/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous has been a great family car. It's only been in the garage for normal maintenance. Great advantages from both an SUV and van's standpoints. It has 60000 miles now and still nothing major with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.