Used 1992 Buick Park Avenue Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

19 mpg?
By onecleverdude

1992 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I have owned several 90's lesabre's and park avenue models, they all routinely got mileages in the 30 mpg range. many people have told me the same was common to buick's they had owned. this site rates them at 19 mpg must have a lead foot

Best car I've ever owned!
By R.S.F.

1992 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park Avenue 5 years ago and it has been a pleasure to own and drive. I now have over 222,000 miles on it, and it doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil. Besides oil changes, tires and brakes, I have had nothing major go wrong with this car. The book value is now basically a wash. But, I only paid $2950 for it back in '02, even though the original owner paid over $29,000. My car is now 15 years old and I'm planning on keeping her to run during the winter months to save the new one I'll be buying soon. I can't say enough good things about my Buick.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, 3.8 V6, power, concert sound audio. Leather seating and trim.

Suggested Improvements

Buick needs to look at this car and figure out how to build new ones this well.

Best car I've owned
By Scott

1992 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Come this July , I will have owned my Park Avenue for 5 years. That is also 83,000 miles later. She is now rolling with 208,000 plus miles on her. This is all I have done since I bought her. Brakes and calipers. Shocks and struts. 2 sets of Tiger Paw tires. Oil and lube every 3K-5K. Tranmission flush. A/C charge.

Favorite Features

Nothing special, just a fine ride is all.

Suggested Improvements

Make it last forever. She is more reliable and predictable than most women.

not just for old people
By skyfirerick

1992 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I bought a Buick Lesabre Just a couple of Years ago for $500.00 a 1986 it was in good condition plenty of Power a couple of blemishes on the body and very little rust at the bottom of the door. I liked the way it rode. Later the Tranny failed, so luckily we found a great deal on a 92 Park Ave. I paid about the same price for it that I would of to get the LeSabre fixed and it was newer so I sent the Lesabre to the junk yard and Never looked back.

Favorite Features

The whole Car

Suggested Improvements

Better advertisement as a reliable quick Family Car and not just an old people car

Not Necessarily an
By Brick Man

1992 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Excellent Buy with tremendous comfort and reliability. The 3.8 litre V-6 has plenty of power and at 50% City/50% Highway, it averages 20 MPG. The biggest downer is with all of the gadgets and "creature comforts" I anticipate a lot of little problems in the coming years.

Favorite Features

Air shocks level even out heavy loads in the trunk. This is probably the quietest car I have ever driven. The power driver's seat is incredibly comfortable with a wide variety of configurations.

Suggested Improvements

The "Dual" feature available with standard Heat and A/C is not offered with the Automatic Climate Control. It would be nice to have the option to have A/C vent from the floor as well as the dashboard vents.