Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned
By Ernie S.

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Next to my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Comfortable, decent gas mileage, minimal regular maintenance costs and the only one major expense was needing front and rear pads and rotors at the same time. I get it serviced every 3-4,000 miles, rotate tires often (3rd set in place at the moment) and drive it daily (127K and still going strong). My only complaint is a dashboard squeak I've had for ages and can't seem to locate. I wish they still made this model for when I'm ready again.

2005 Buick LeSabre seats burst in flames
By Betty Scrogham Conway

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I want to make everyone aware who owns a buick lesabre. My aunt owned a 2005 buick leSabre and loved the car because it drove good, it was good with gas miles, the interior had plenty of room. Yesterday my aunt was driving the car coming back from Taylorsville, Ky. and she reached about one mile west of Mt. Washington,Ky. and mom and husband was in the car with her when my mom yelled at my aunt to stop the car because it was on fire. My aunt pulled off of the road and was yelling for help and yelling for everyone to get out of the car and the back seat under on the driver side was burning out of control. In a matter of a few minutes this car was completely destroyed by fire and it is believed the cause of the fire was from the battery which sits underneath the rear seat on the driver side. I am so lucky that my family is alive, but it could have been much worse. I want to make everyone aware if the battery is under the rear seat you will not want a car that is not safe. My mom was with my aunt and she was in the back seat on the passenger side and saw the seat in flames and yelled to my aunt to stop the car because it was on fire. If my mom had not been back there to see the seat burning and my aunt was in the car, this could have been worse. So, think twice before you buy one of these cars because next time it may be you, your children, your parents, or some other loved one. Betty Scrogham Conway

Love it!!
By rosco1776

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my dad and love it! It only has 27K miles on it and still has the original tires. It rides and runs like a dream. I get a consistent 25mpg combined and up to 32mpg on trips. I've had quite a few Dodge Neons and they get the same gas mileage as this luxury vehicle. My only regret is it's color, silver! I hate silver cars, too blah!

Ride, comfort and reliability.

Love my "old man's car"
By palmettosunshine

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my "old man's car". Needed another 4 door car after getting married, did my research and knew I wanted a LeSabre. I work for a Buick dealer and I waited until the right one was traded in. Got a 1 owner Custom with 67,000 miles and couldn't be happier. My friends teased me about it until they rode in it, then they got it. Amazing ride quality, great gas mileage, enormous trunk. My wife insists we take the LeSabre when we go on trips rather than her 2008 Scion XB. If you find a low mileage LeSabre, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Gas mileage (avg 26, city and hwy. Over 30 on the hwy). Ride quality (it's like riding down the hwy on your sofa) and stereo. Even the stock unit sounds amazing.

Bring it back!

Oldsmobile Replacement
By Bill

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars always. I got an Olds Delta 88 in 1987 and have had several Olds that have ran perfect with the same drive train in the Olds 88s and 98s -the 3.8 engine is great- GM was smart enough to stay with it for many years. I bought the 2005 Buick LeSabre because it had the exact same drive train as an Olds that GM was stupid enough to discontinue.

Runs like an Oldsmobile

Start making these cars again-and they will sell.

• SUV