Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Love it!!
By rosco1776

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my dad and love it! It only has 27K miles on it and still has the original tires. It rides and runs like a dream. I get a consistent 25mpg combined and up to 32mpg on trips. I've had quite a few Dodge Neons and they get the same gas mileage as this luxury vehicle. My only regret is it's color, silver! I hate silver cars, too blah!

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort and reliability.

Love my "old man's car"
By palmettosunshine

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my "old man's car". Needed another 4 door car after getting married, did my research and knew I wanted a LeSabre. I work for a Buick dealer and I waited until the right one was traded in. Got a 1 owner Custom with 67,000 miles and couldn't be happier. My friends teased me about it until they rode in it, then they got it. Amazing ride quality, great gas mileage, enormous trunk. My wife insists we take the LeSabre when we go on trips rather than her 2008 Scion XB. If you find a low mileage LeSabre, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (avg 26, city and hwy. Over 30 on the hwy). Ride quality (it's like riding down the hwy on your sofa) and stereo. Even the stock unit sounds amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

Oldsmobile Replacement
By Bill

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars always. I got an Olds Delta 88 in 1987 and have had several Olds that have ran perfect with the same drive train in the Olds 88s and 98s -the 3.8 engine is great- GM was smart enough to stay with it for many years. I bought the 2005 Buick LeSabre because it had the exact same drive train as an Olds that GM was stupid enough to discontinue.

Favorite Features

Runs like an Oldsmobile

Suggested Improvements

Start making these cars again-and they will sell.

Great Buick
By TB

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this LeSabre for 9 months now, purchased used. It is great for over the road as well as commuting. I average 30-32 mpg, even at interstate speeds. Great ride and very quiet. I was commuting back and forth from Colorado to Nebraska for a time and lots of interstate driving. Very comfortable at 75 mph and 30 mpg as well. I could drive from Greeley to Omaha on one tank, just over 500 miles!

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my Lesabre
By Linda C.

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 1991 Buick LeSabre Limited used in 1993 with 32,000 miles and drove it for 15 years and 224,000 plus miles. Wasn't ready to trade but found out they had been discontinued. I decided to buy another before they completely disappeared! My old one was still running great, no major problems, just the usual battery, brake pads etc., still got 30 mpg on the highway. Found a 2005 Custom with 56,000 miles. It fits like a glove and I expect to get at least 15 years out of this one! Just miss the leather seats, can't "slide in" on the fabric! These cars are a pleasure to drive, great in the winter, reliable, no complaints whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel cruise and radio controls, all the handy gauge info on the dash. Love the large trunk, extended visors, and light sensor on the dash. Many other features too numerous to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Just would like to see the LeSabre in production again.