2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
A New Kind of Buick
By BadgerBuick on 08/11/05 21:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

An outstanding vehicle in performance, quality and styling. The CSX model is a Buick that should appeal to all kinds of drivers. Young people that drove mine loved it and wished that they could have one. Buick has to change the focus of its advertising, stressing the performance and styling of the LaCrosse. It looks a lot better than the Honda, Nissan and Toyota "luxury" clones. These all look alike, exterior and interior. There seems to be more of a difference between owner and "expert" evaluations for the LaCrosse than for most other cars. Owners love it, "experts" rate it so-so. The experts must have an image of the "average age of 65" Buick owner embedded in their mind.

Car of the Year
By John Henry Doakes on 08/11/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm disappointed in mileage, in town and on the road. Car has not loosened up yet, but hope it will do better than 16 mph.

Our Allure CX
By N. Popovic on 08/10/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great value, design and style, evolution and improvement comparing to earlier Buicks. Being 37, I found this one much more appealing to younger drivers but still with the famous smooth ride and Buick quality and reliability. Superb ride and build quality, style, quietness and handling, car has enough power with good old 3.8L engine and expected fuel economy and better brakes and suspension. Long story short - really great car!

D's review
By Donn on 08/08/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this new car. The only item with a problem was a brake sensor recall. I am not completely satisfied as the brakes still seem to grab and are not as smooth as I would like although they do stop well.

Love My Buick Lacrosse
By decor1 on 08/02/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth is the best way to describe the LaCrosse. You can keep your SUVs, I'm back in a sedan and loving it. Controls are well placed and easy to use (No tiny buttons to try and find). Seating position is comfortable..thanks to a telescoping steering column. And quiet.....so quiet.

Typical Buick
By C .Sheppard on 07/28/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and quiet.Interior roomy,nice leather.Exterior style boring, especially the rear! CXS should handle better;a sports sedan its not!A handling disappointment over the Olds Intrigue I traded.

Typical Buick
By C .Sheppard on 07/28/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

The 3800 engine is a proven 'keeper'
By James Crawford on 07/18/05 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

On smooth pavement, this car is very quiet. The dual zone climate control works very well. Engine cruising rpms are surprisingly low. My new Buick has 1,000 miles on it and I can average 25+ MPG on the interstates of Florida & Georgia while set on cruise control at 75 - 80 MPH. The ABS brakes are very controllable for coming to a smooth, non-diving stop. All-around visibility (windshield, side windows, side mirrors, and a really wide view via the automatic day/night rearview mirror)is the best I've ever had. The rear bumper resident back-up warning system helps give me back some of the sense of depth perception that I've lost with age! I've been in Fords for 30 years. I'm in Buicks to stay.

Quietest car on the road
By Daniel Moore on 07/16/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I took this vehicle for a 2500 mile trip shortly after purchase and in all of my years of driving I don't believe I have ever had a car that performed better and offered such a pleasant non-tiring drive. It is interesting that the editors, who don't regularly drive this car don't rate it as highly as do the owners. I took this vehicle through the Eastern mountains and found it great to handle. The first day on the road, and this car was not really broken in, I got just under 33 MPG.

My old Century had a softer ride and seats
By Mike on 07/16/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I really shopped and already have an '04 buick century.. The LaCrosse is only slightly quieter, mainly the engine, but tire noise is there. Also the seats are not as comfortable as the Century and the ride seems stiffer... Power in the LaCrosse is smoother and more responsive, and fully loaded on vacation to Florida we got 28 MPG. If the Century is replaced, then the LaCrosse may take its place, but ride quality and seats are an area for improvement...