1994 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Nice Solid Car
By MAZZ on 11/17/05 09:57 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my son. He loves it. Nice ride, smooth, handling is great. He was lucky to get a 4 cylinder with gas prices the way there are. Great on gas. If you can find one, buy it. Safe for young and old. Solid....

Avoid this car
By slittle on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was in the shop a lot. In the time we owned it, we spent $2,400 on repairs. We replaced the starter, the alternator, the radiator, and the list goes on and on. It only had 76,577 miles on it when we bought it. It fell apart soon after.

Good Car
By Buicklover on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

Has been in the family since it was new. A good reliable 4 cylinder car. My mother loved it and my wife still does. Although it will do long trips, the 4 cylinder is a around town car. Some small repairs expectat at 120k miles, nothing major. Not comfortable for my 6 foot frame but great for my wife at 5 feet. Good gas mileage.

I miss my Buick
By KARed on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 with 55k miles on it. It was my first car. It was one of the most reliable cars I'd ever had. Up until it was killed, I'd only had minor repair work done that included: muffler (it had a hole), transmission lines, hoses, maf sensor, 02 sensor, alternator, battery, and fuel pump. It was killed in a vicious rear-end wreck. There were other minor problems such as one of the window motors needed replacing and the left blinker started giving me some problems, but it never gave me any major engine or tranny problems. But at over a 150k miles, some minor issues are expected. I mourn my car still.

good solid car
By meandyoumom on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1994 century and i love it.

1994 Buick Century Wagon
By deville70 on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Wagon

Bought this wagon at 75,000 miles, now has 104,000. Recently replaced alternator ($300) and fuel pump/fuel pump relay and related fuel supply items ($500). No other major problems. Quiet smooth ride. 3.1 V6 is healthy but not powerful. Power windows, locks, tilt steering, w/fold up seat in rear can seat 5 adults and 3 kids. Who needs van/SUV. 18/26 mpg

Reliable car
By Jack39 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Wagon

We bought this car used with about 61,000 miles on it after searching for a vehicle that would have sufficient cargo room while driving like a car. We believe we got an excellent deal as it has been rock solid. Other than routine maintenance, our only repair costs were for a new muffler and alternator. The car has plenty of cargo room and a nice balance between power and gas mileage. It's increasingly difficult to find a mid-size wagon other than in the luxury range, so we plan to keep this one for 2-3 more years, at least as a second car.

O.K. Car
By Pat069 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Century Special 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandmother and it was okay at first, a basic, bland Hertz Rent-A-car. But I'm glad i got rid of it at the 100,000 mile mark cuz the tranny was going