Used 2004 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

Favorite Features

Exterior Design. Fun to Drive

Suggested Improvements

After forking out big bucks for a car like this I expect better. Better all around quality. Just better everything!

What more do you want!
By jimlarson

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just simply a Fun, fast, unique car! i just bought a white 04 z4 with red leather and couldn't be happier! drove a TT for years, loved it, but like the z4 much better because of comfort and exterior design. interior isn't as fancy as i would like, but who needs a GPS when your having fun getting lost driving around! very low to ground, makes for a little awkward "in and out" ... but who cares! gets tons of compliments, looks amazing from all sides. you don't see these cars all over the place which makes them even more unique. great around corners, i live in pacific northwest, and wet windy roads are super fun! ... nice and quiet with top up!

Favorite Features

exterior design stuns everyone. unique! wide body makes for a safe ride, doesn't feel "miata like" when you pass a semi truck. great sound system (bass is amazing!!)

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs more "bells and whistles" ... but does everything it's suppose to!! ... cup holders are limited ... VERY limited, but thats BMW for ya! ...very small storage in cabin, truck is big enough for everything i need.

A great car even after 6 Years
By PerryM

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So I bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles on it a moth ago. Drove it from Pittsburgh to Chicago to get it home and it was a blast! Wow! This car is comfy, roomy, powerful, reliable, and fun! The 2.5 has quite the power and I can't really notice a difference vs. the 3.0. What more can you ask for? The prices are very competitive these days for a pre-owned. I test drove a Z3 10 years ago and hated it so I bought a MR2 Spyder. This vehicle tops them both by far. Fairly quiet with the top up, especially for a convertible. and you can't really feel the wind too bad when its down.

Favorite Features

Styling, safety features, gas mileage, trunk space, comfort for a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

cup holders are useless. Run flats, really?

Very Impressive Indeed!
By Perry M

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles and this vehicle drives very impressively. I drove the vehicle home 600 miles and it was very comfortable, handled nicely, and was just a blast to drive. This is my first BMW. In the past I've owned a 2000 MR2 Spyder and this Z4 tops it by far. Great trunk space, powerful motor, roomy interior. I really think I can drive this vehicle everyday if I wanted to.

Favorite Features

Appearance, motor, handling, value

Suggested Improvements

Make room for a spare and get rid of the run-flat concept!

Z4 Review
By Weiker Kline

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is excellent in every way. I've had other roadsters, but this one is the best without exception. I think it will survive to become a valued collector car in a few years.

Favorite Features

Performance & style

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are really stupid.