2004 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle on 07/23/13 04:07 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

What more do you want!
By jimlarson on 02/12/13 21:08 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just simply a Fun, fast, unique car! i just bought a white 04 z4 with red leather and couldn't be happier! drove a TT for years, loved it, but like the z4 much better because of comfort and exterior design. interior isn't as fancy as i would like, but who needs a GPS when your having fun getting lost driving around! very low to ground, makes for a little awkward "in and out" ... but who cares! gets tons of compliments, looks amazing from all sides. you don't see these cars all over the place which makes them even more unique. great around corners, i live in pacific northwest, and wet windy roads are super fun! ... nice and quiet with top up!

A great car even after 6 Years
By PerryM on 08/26/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So I bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles on it a moth ago. Drove it from Pittsburgh to Chicago to get it home and it was a blast! Wow! This car is comfy, roomy, powerful, reliable, and fun! The 2.5 has quite the power and I can't really notice a difference vs. the 3.0. What more can you ask for? The prices are very competitive these days for a pre-owned. I test drove a Z3 10 years ago and hated it so I bought a MR2 Spyder. This vehicle tops them both by far. Fairly quiet with the top up, especially for a convertible. and you can't really feel the wind too bad when its down.

Very Impressive Indeed!
By Perry M on 08/09/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles and this vehicle drives very impressively. I drove the vehicle home 600 miles and it was very comfortable, handled nicely, and was just a blast to drive. This is my first BMW. In the past I've owned a 2000 MR2 Spyder and this Z4 tops it by far. Great trunk space, powerful motor, roomy interior. I really think I can drive this vehicle everyday if I wanted to.

Z4 Review
By Weiker Kline on 06/30/09 06:15 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is excellent in every way. I've had other roadsters, but this one is the best without exception. I think it will survive to become a valued collector car in a few years.

What a snow ride
By Mecho on 03/26/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this 2004 Z4 3.0 for the last 4 years. Silver titanium. It is impressive, I love it very much. Drove it all year around in Detroit and Minneapolis. This car is great on snow with the right tires. It is fun to drive. I test drove the SL55 AMG as my next car possibly. Let me tell you, I have to think twice now. Z4 is even more than what we may think. It has been difficult to choose something else after you drive this car. Most likely it will be SL55 AMG though for me tough decision to move from the Z4 even after more than 4 years driving it all year around. Never drove a car for that long. Go get one don't even think twice about Z4. :)

Fun and practicality in one package
By Matt S. on 07/01/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles on it. I have not been disappointed at all. Living in Southern California, this car does it all for me, from running to the grocery store to taking it for a run in the mountains. This is not a weekend toy for me; I use it regularly. I drove this car cross-country and was pleasantly surprised by comfort level it gave me on a 6000 mile trip. Its performance is excellent; it sticks to a mountain road like glue even on wet/icy pavement. I have every option but the nav system; the power driver's seat definitely ups the comfort level. I definitely recommend the 6 speed manual; it's a pain sometimes in LA traffic, but worth it overall.

Great Weekend Toy
By Kevin Campbell on 02/25/08 01:51 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great toy for the weekends. Never even a warranty item. Corners great. I have the SMG package which takes getting use to. Boxster S killer and Porsche owners always hate to loose! Drawbacks, cup holders are useless but necessary to have drinks in the Florida heat. This is a sports car and a bumpy sports car ride with stiff seats. Anything past a couple hours it hard on the butt.

As good as it gets
By Werner on 02/18/08 01:11 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a fantasic roadster, much better than the Z3, test drove the TT and Boxster. It's simply better than anything in its class.

Fun, fun, fun - but a bit impractical
By AZDave on 09/15/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let's face it. People buy cars like this for their fun factor, and perhaps for their "cool" factor as well. The Z4 does a bang-up job of providing both while delivering upwards of 25 mpg. It's a bit of a chore getting in and out, especially for a 6'2" guy like me, but once you're inside it's surprisingly roomy if you lower the seats all the way. The power convertible top works perfectly, and the interior is gorgeous. The ride is stiff, but the car runs and handles fantastically. My only complaint: you have to be careful when parking or you'll scrape the underside of the front cowling.