Used 2001 BMW Z3 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Black 2.5i Convertible
By 4Amy

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this one owner car for my wife. It is in amazing condition. The handling is great and it is a real head turner.

Top down, wind in your hair, seat of the pants ride.

Don't change a thing.

Sunday Cruiser, Backroad Buster
By PILOT8127

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

BMW's low profile, snearing, snarling front end is what attracted me to the Z3 model. With it's flared wheelwells, shark-gill slits and flattend eyebrow headlamps it just speaks motion. After two Corvettes (a 1970, and a 1980), the Z3 had to perform to keep my interest. WOW! Does it perform. With the 3.0 liter engine and AUTOstick tranny, full power burnouts are the norm with the DSC in the off position. The in-line SIX is both smooth and linear, it pulls right from idle and revs quickly. This car is by far the most FUN I've ever had out on the road. And, it turns heads where ever I go with it. Probably the best bang for the buck in sportscar driving! Try on a Z3 for yourself.

Aggressive stance. A real drivers car. Firm ride with excellent roll control. Smooth, steady power delivery. Excellent build features with good old German quality and no compromise performance parameters.

Small trunk, but hey, it's a drop-top sportscar. Some road noise with the top-up. No problem, just leave it down and enjoy the breeze !

Bye bye Z3; I'm gonna miss you.
By Mike

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the Z since 5/02 and have put 10K miles on it, driving in good weather only. It is drafty, noisy and uncomfortable. The sound system is boomy with the top up and muddy with it down. Buying a rear windscreen helped a lot. The M3 leather seats are too hot and too tight and it's hard to find a comfortable position. The plastic window is impossible to clean as are the premium wheels. It's hard to get in and out of. But... The paint quality is great; it really shines up. The torque is incredible; downshifts aren't required for highway passing. The 5 speed is smooth; the steering precise. The DSC helped me a few times. The car is just getting broken in. I'm gonna miss it.

Powerful smooth engine; precise steering. Car looks great, drives great. Good maintenance plan too.

Glass window. Larger trunk- enough for golf clubs. Slightly more interior room, bigger seats with adjustments. Less drafty; less noisy.

Fun car but....
By PinkysMommy

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had a 318i for 7 years- never a problem with repairs, etc. Only got rid of it because it had 100,000+ miles on it and was worried it might start breaking down. Bought the Z3 as a preowned vehicle - with warranty. Have had it in shop countless times, last time being it needed a new radiator - have had lots of repair issues, it is now just out of warranty and I am hoping it will not break down any more. Love the car, it's cute and fun but disappointed in repairs so far. Other BMWs superior to this one :(

style and it's sooo fast

see above...

The Z3 is the car of my dreams
By Karl Z

2001 BMW Z3 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 3.0 on 02.2004 and since then, I can say that is so fun to drive. Everyone loves it!!!I installed the BMW Harman Kardon Traffic Pro GPS system The Z3 is a real classic.

17 inch tires, the power is awesome!

Bumpy ride, and the small trunk. But the car is so fun to drive that those are minor flaws.