Used 2013 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Think twice before buying a 2013 X5
36 of 116,548 people found this review helpful
By ll45

2013 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd BMW and it is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I am an active mail and find it physically exhausting to drive because of the tight steering wheel. If your normal driving pattern includes a lot of stop and go's; you will find the transmission hesitates. The road noise is louder than my Toyota pickup truck, not to mention the ride is stiffer than my pickup truck. Here is my advice, if you are seriously interested in this vehicle don't make the same mistake I did by taking it for an around the block test drive. Ask the dealer to loan the X5 to you for the weekend and drive it where you live! I own 4 vehicles & this is the last one out of the garage!

I like the lines of the vehicle and for a six it has quite of bit of pick up.

Fix the tight steering wheel esp. when you are braking. For $61,000 MSRP vehicle my PU & Subaru are quieter. How could you release that transmission into the market - what where you thinking with the hesitation? I had the vehicle a week and replaced the rear hatch shocks because they would not open properly and today I noticed a light out on it (3 weeks old). The rear doors were not properly aligned. The dealer fixed that before we left but I noticed all the X5s on the lot the rear doors are improperly aligned - whats up? Where is the BMW quality. I am very disappointed as a loyal BMW owner.