Used 1993 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

I love my Big Grey Bomber
By mrduck1

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed a wonderful 17 yr relationship with this 20-year old car. Purchased with 40k mi for $35k back in 1995. I've spent $40k since then maintaining. So when they say your purchase of a 7-series is just the beginning they're not kidding. You should locate a trustworthy independent BMW technician before you buy used. Nevertheless, at 230k mi it continues to deliver a great driving performance... 90+ mph feels like it's on a rail and could easily go faster. Wherever I go people comment on how good it looks.

Smooth powerful engine and drive train.Great stopping power. Very comfy interior, and not cluttered with i-drive and other electronic gizmos. No cup holder ? No problem... use a sailor's coffee cup flanged at the bottom.

I wished they had kept this E32's iconic body style a few years longer, but time marches on.

Absolutely love it!
By Henry M

1993 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Love this machine, very solid, fast, beautiful curves, comfortable, reliable, a real head turner! Absolutely love it!

Handling, it's fast, solid braking, beautiful design.

A built in cup holder would have been a great idea for those German Designers to think about!

Wow factor!
By dave

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd BMW. Having owned 2 6-series in the past I wanted a big sedan to haul the family and clients. This was a cream puff with only 78000 miles after 13 years and has been very dependable and comfortable. I have replaced the front brakes and driveline as both were causing vibration and now it's as smooth as silk. Perfect blend of luxury and performance. I have installed aftermarket wheels and performance tires which made a big difference. 25 mph corners at 65 mph NO PROBLEM! 0-60 in a blink and I still get 19 mpg in all around driving. I had it detailed recently and it looks like new. I love this car!

Traction control keeps you from spinning your wheels.

Cup holders would be nice. BMW doesn't want you drinking in their cars I guess.

A rare luxury Sedan thats underated
By philly350zr

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this Classic since Aug 2005 and I confess I've spent 7800.00 restoring her to greatness. These are some of the best engineered cars in the world. The car is almost 15 years old and it still turns heads and performs close to the way it did when it came from the factory. This was the last year that these cars were hand made and designed by engineers and not the marketing guru like today's BMW. It has a strong road feel and power to burn when you need it. It hugs the open road and if you don't have a heavy foot I can get 25 miles on the highway doing 70 MPH. Maintenance must be done on a regular basis and parts are not cheap but this 7 series is a true driver's car.

V8 power, smooth ride, classic and timeless styling.

Improved shifting in the 5 speed transmission, improve the AC/heater system. Add a few cup holders.

Support your local 740
By David Rosa

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I really like this automobile. The engine is about right for the size and weight. By the way at 4200lbs it is similiar in weight to my 91 50ft long caddy. I love the ajustable seats that heat up, and the leg rm in back is endless, maybe a 500 series will be plenty next time. Great ride and drive. Love the sun roof on a shaded road. I plan to keep this one for a while. Only real draw back, the dealer and their repair and parts prices. My foreign born mechanic as saved me several occassions. Wheres the cup holder?

The front seats, the engine, all of it.

The amount of space allocted to the front (driver & passenger)could be better. The dealer needs to take it easy on the secondary market so resale on a 100,000 plus BMW doesn't go in the trash can. Unless that is what BMW intends? Where is the cup holder?