1999 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Convertibles Rock

1999 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Convertible (2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Convertibles Rock
By Hammer on

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

BMW must have made the convertibles much better because they seem to get much better reviews! I (and the previous owner) experienced NO problems other than routine maintenance (and I just passed 108,000 miles with no problems). Great vehicle - sure, it it stiff and tight, but its a sports car that rides and drives like a race car and get excellent gas mileage (average 24 mpg if I can keep my foot out of the fuel tank!). At 8 years old, the only thing I really need to upgrade is the stereo speakers. I did install a new top, but that's a given at the 6 to 8 year mark. Keep it clean and tuned up and the convertible's run fast, hard, and forever!

Cruising with the top down, stereo blasting, and the looks from all the Lexus, Mercedes, and other foreign drives that wish they had purchased a BMW!

I would say a CD player (in dash), but mine came with a factory installed changer in the trunk that works great!