1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
my 323i 4dr 5spd
By x13atma16x on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I just got this car last month with 42K miles. I got it for $21,000.00 at a Mercedes-benz dealer here in Los Angeles. Put in a 19" ACS wheel wraped in a Perelli tires, Starge III H&R Springs, Clear Corners and Red/Clear Taillamps. So far the car is running great, love that 5spd!! Only problem was the engine light went on one week after i bought the car. took it to a BMW Dealership and got it done free of charge..the problem has something to do with some sensor at the engine.

Good entry level BMW
By tkb on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Good overall car, look great, beautiful interior. Save money on the Harmom/Kardon Systems its not worth it. The hesitant while the car is hot almost got me hit couple time.

near perfect, but not quite
By 328 w/ SP, PP, Xe,CD on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

Certified inspection must've been forgotten, is in dealership for the third time getting worked on. Nothing major - speaker, seatbelt noise, alignment, rain-sensor, two-freak- electrical-events, some suspension squeaks, missing rear-view mirror trim. Other than all than, it is truly an incredible car. 5-speed and Sports Package are a must! Have driven w/o and not worth the dough. But with them the car is simply an extension of you as you fly on down the road.

Now I understand...
By Zed on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

My first BMW. I will have a very hard time buying a different manuf now. I'm spoiled. The fit and finish of this car is top notch. I keep discovering many little things that most manuf just slap on, but with the bmw someone has put a lot of thought into the design and function. A blast to drive. A great balance of power, handling, and comfort.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By jhelberg on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Rock solid handling, performance, safety and reliability. The handling/comfort balance is terriffic (BMW's base suspension embarrasses many 'sport' suspensions), the interior is very logical and well laid out and the styling is typical BMW timeless. I always chuckle at the SUV-types explaining the need for 4 wheel drive in Washington DC, while I drive my rear- wheel wundercar all winter long in Minnesota without drama and without giving up that perfect 50/50 balance. "All-season" tires are marketing bologna. I do run winter tires on my bimmer (and on my front- drive Passat for that matter)

3 years and going
By Gordy on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive. Long drive feel like they take half the time. Very reliable, very durable. Gives a drive a lot of confidence. Dealership service has been good too.

Fun & Reliable
By Ana on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

This is a fun car to drive. It is responsive, reliable and appealing to the fashionable driver. It is surprisingly economical for its performance. Two downturns: I had more hitches than expected, such as burned bulbs etc. - nothing major, but certainly a time consuming pain; not a spacious family car at all; passengers in the back seat are sure to complain during a long drive. Overall, perfect for a single adventurer or young couple. Absolutely love it and will continue to be a loyal BMW buyer (previously owned a 7-series and a M3).

Certified Great!
By Jon Graham on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I was in hell during the initial part of the test drive... you know when the dealer has to drive it off the lot. I couldn't wait to take the wheel, and when I finally did, I fell madly in love with the performance and handling. I love everything about this car. Although the symbols on the interior controls take some getting used to, I find them very easy to use after a couple of months together. My wife gave what I feel is a great compliment when she said it was "easy to drive." It takes care of the mundane things and keeps me safe, yet it doesn't over think for me. I still have control.

BMWs are fun to drive!
By shentz4768 on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It has had some little problems which were covered by the warranty...fortunately. I had a window that malfunctioned and a radio knob that would turn the radio up instead of down. Everything was replaced completely at no cost to me.

Only one complaint...
By RonJ on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

After 3 years, only only complaint - and it is a BIG one - is that the left bolster of the sport driver seat is always uncomfortably pushing on my thigh. I must either pull my foot forward so that my thigh/knee are above the bolster, and thus not in the way, or keep my thigh on the bolster, where I become so uncomfortable in only 5-10 minutes, I must find a new position. If I straighten my left leg "within" the seat (to the right of the left bolster), my feet are in each other's way and I can't properly/safely operate the brake and accelerator pedals. BMW, why did you cram the sport seat into such a tight cockpit like this?