1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Better than all the vette's I have had
By New BMW Fan on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car handles better than any car I have previously owned, including several corvettes. The car is quick, light, solid, and hugs the curves like no other car. The car has a classy look and feel while providing exceptional performance and fuel economy. This car makes me yearn for the next level BMW convert('04 M3). If this 7-year old car drives this well, I can't imagine what the latest M-3 model can do.

A hoot
By Dave Berlin on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I've enjoyed this car for 6 years. Sold a vintage jaguar, too much trouble. This car is really fun to drive and still has absolutely nothing wrong with it. (yes, we baby it a little). I look at it as a sports car that's practical. The back seat is tight but comfortable and combined with the trunk there is lots of luggage space compared to a real 2 seater. While four seats may not sound like a sports car, it doesn't matter since it looks like one and still to this day the car turns heads. 30 mpg ain't bad either.

Joy to own
By carski7 on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I've loved driving this car all year round sun, rain, and snow!! Biggest problem was ball joints every 20k mi seemed to be due to lack of rotating tires soon enough and abusive Detroit roads. Now all OK. Radio and Climate just stopped working--cert pre owned warranty was good!

BMW review
By bjackson on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car has not only great styling but handles extremely well. I have had little problem and have had it in the shop for only minor adjustment during the three years that I have owned.