2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Powerfull, small but big enough
By Larry on 11/01/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Made a switch from Audi because we wanted a small coupe. We have a TT and it is wonderful but does not have usable back seat. We got the M package of the 135i. This car has a very smooth powerful engine. Turbo lag is hardly noticeable. Took it on a 1100 mile trip and found it to be a very nice drive. Quiet, comfortable seats, small and maneuverable. It is a great car. Run flat tires have not been a problem so far with only 4000 mi. I would buy again only I would not buy jet black paint. It shows everything and scratches easily.

Great Little Car
By PW on 10/07/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First BMW I owned. Was hesitant at first because of reliability issues but so far have had no problems. Gas mileage in the city is poor (avg. about 15 mpg), but gas mileage on the highway is great (avg. 31 mpg). I have the sports package with 18 inch wheels so the handling is fantastic. The car is so fun to drive and I love the small size of the car. Why are new cars so large these days? Used to own a TSX (good car too) but this car is so much more fun. Also, The RFT tires don't really bother me at all. Overall, best car I have owned.

From a MINI to a BMW
By LG on 09/23/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven BMWs before and it seems all the interiors all pretty much the same. I would like to have nicer buttons for the radio. Also, I am very disappointed that the mirror on the sun visors do not have lights. What a bummer for such car! Response is awesome compared to the MINI but the mileage per gallon consumption went down 25%. The handling of the car does not compare with the so much fun go- kart driving of the MINI. I guess I compromised on that. Overall I am happy with it.

Sport, yet refined
By james on 09/04/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a Honda civic, so naturally am impressed with the handling of this well made auto. It has plenty of power, with excellent cornering and braking. Everyone in the family says it makes me look younger!

Love my 128i
By SciFiChick on 08/28/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What can you say about a car that makes your eyes tear up when you look at it? The styling is retro enough to make you skip a heartbeat, yet new enough to make you double your heartbeats. The performance is top notch (with the Sports package of course). It's fun to drive, fast, and BEAUTIFUL to look at.

An Expensive 1 or Inexpensive M?
By RJ on 08/17/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW, and prior to this, I had hardly ever ridden in a BMW. This car is simply amazing. When you see the sticker price, you'll quickly realize that you are not at the local Hyundai dealership, but when you hit the gas, you won't likely recall anything from Korea, Japan, or Detroit with the driving dynamics of this Bavarian masterpiece. I'm not claiming the vehicle is "perfect," but it's as close to perfect a vehicle as I've ever found. Even the notoriously picky Consumer Reports gave the 135i the highest rating in its respective class. That "trademark" BMW straight six force fed by two turbos is simply exhilarating.

Great Car... Really
By gman on 07/28/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We've had this car a few months. Overall the best car we've ever owned. BMW service is the same as with a car for $100k, so you feel like a king! Sport package is the way to go, car grips the road and never lets go. 128i is way over powered, you will for sure get a ticket. Driver and front passenger seating with power seats is great. Back seat is terrible for bigger folk. Good only for kids or the dog. We like the small size of the car for zipping around town and out to the lake. Good ride quality. We have a squeak in the back seat. We are addressing this build issue with BMW. BMW has treated us well so far, but we are headed back for a second try for the repair.

Fun Fun Fun!!!
By Ed Farr on 07/21/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2006 Black Nissan 350Z for a base 128i with comfort access since I needed the back seats and man, I can't stop driving it!!! Compared to the Z, I am getting better MPG and I get the back seats! This is the most fun car I have ever driven.

Hold ON
By First-time on 07/13/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Excellent feel with the driver. Fun and practical and affordable enough for the trip to and from work. Price is reasonable if you get just the Premium package with heated seats. You don't need the 135, wonderful fast car but overkill for DD.

Thinking man (or woman's) 1
By a1addict on 04/22/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great enthusiast's car. Does all the things that count very very well. Excellent communication with the driver. Practical and affordable enough (at least for the 128) for the DD. Price is reasonable if you don't need all the extras, and you really don't. 135 is a thrill ride but was overkill and all too hazardous to the health of my license. 128 is plenty powerful, brakes are too, also lighter and better weight dist.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.