Used 2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Outstanding car
By Larry Fitz

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought a left-over 2009 in February 2010 from Autobahn Motors in Ft. Worth for $7K under MSRP with shipping to California included. Main options: 6-spd auto, sport pkg, leather, heated seats. We test drove: 128i, 135i, 370Z, and G37 Coupe locally before deciding on the 135i. By far the 135i has a great combo of sports car feel, powerful acceleration, handling, fit & finish, appearance, comfort, practicality, interior space + window visibility, and price. We have >2,000 miles and have had no reliability issues, to date. Top speed 120 mph, to date. Auto trans is very good. The audio/speaker system is poor. Mileage is about the 18/28 as advertised. We like our "little ripper."

Acceleration, braking, handling, good trunk space (but narrow opening,

Audio system (better speakers).

Great styling!!
By 128i

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Being about 6'3'' and weighing in at about 265, there aren't many performance cars that can comfortably seat someone who is 'big. HOWEVER, this car offered me more head room than my traded in almost new Americam made truck!My 2 adult sons osed to call my trade in lots of very nasty names and finally I decided to buy my dream car before I expire. The standard package is impressive on the 09's and the car has handled very well. I get 24 mpg on normal driving, which is not too bad.The sunroof is enormous and one almost feels like he is riding in a convertable. A blast to drive, the 128i is a terrific entry level car.

The sound eminating from the exhaust, the heated seats and intermittant wipers.

More than once, my wife and I have felt heat coming from the engine. Nice in the colder months...not so nice during the summer... The tail end gets loose in snow. I bought studded tires and it helped greatly- HOWEVER, the car handles VERY differently as a result.Radio computer fix needed

The Perfect Size
By Michael

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I eagerly awaited the debut of the 1 series here in the states after having read much about the European model. After test driving the 1, it was clear that it would become my new driver. Beautiful throaty exhaust note, rock solid build quality and the legendary BMW straight six makes it a dream drive! I much prefer the size of the 1 series over that of the 3, and to me, it is the spiritual successor to the original 2002.

Gorgeous coral red leather, integrated iPod connectivity, and BlueTooth. I also opted for the HD radio.

A tweak here and there (perhaps 7 speed transmission) to get a bit better gas mileage.

A Real Enthusiast car
By Barry J

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

In the past I owned four BMW e46 M3s and they were all exhilarating to drive with awesome performance. The 135i I now own is as fun to drive as the e46 M3 beating it out just slightly from a performance standpoint, which says a lot about the 135i. It's a smaller car than I usually own, but it's nimble and sticks to the road like glue. The large brakes are definitely needed to stop this beast when it's hauling down the highway, and the exhaust growl when driving in Sport Mode is an aural pleasure. Fuel economy is okay, just about the same on the e46 M3, but my wife's 335i coupe gets a lot more MPG.

Performance, acceleration, braking.

A little better interior styling.

BMW 135i
By JaxbeachFL 135i

2009 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Options m sport package, leather, upgraded stereo, cold weather, automatic transmission, bluetooth, I initially wanted one with a manual transmission and an ipod only but it was nearly impossible to find one. I've driven it for 3 months and it has been fantastic. The engine is amazing, the suspension wonderful, and the handling razor sharp. my biggest complaints ... I initially thought it was ugly... but it grew on me... road nice can be loud. I worry about BMW reliability. a few squeaks and rattles...

Engine Handling bluetooth