2014 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Audi S4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:
A German muscle car, sleeper division
By smerdyakov on 01/03/15 11:53 AM (PST)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

This car represents a Teutonic variation on the classic American muscle car: take a mid-size car (the A4, in this case) and install a larger, more powerful engine. There is more to the S4 than that, of course, but that is the essence of it. The only way of distinguishing it from an A4, at a glance, is the presence of small S4 badges front and rear, and the V6T badges on the front fenders. The S4 gives excellent acceleration with superb handling and ride quality, combined with reasonable fuel economy. It is not inexpensive (especially in Prestige trim), but I cannot think of a car with its combination of virtues available at a lower price from any other manufacturer.

GREAT BMW ALTERNATIVE, FAIR PRICING
By rudycassap on 12/21/14 16:57 PM (PST)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

I do not like how soft BMW cars have become - like American muscle cars of the past with lots of power but they just cannot handle (turn) well. I sold a 2013 128i M Sport after just 9 months. I drove the 2015 M235i and M3 sedans all day long at the BMW Car Control event. I am very unimpressed with the new M3. Poor seating position, turbo lag is prevalent, and it actually has too much torque to be fun. I have had VW and Audi in the past and they all were unreliable. Decided to look at the S4 on a whim - did not really even cross my mind, but maybe that's a good thing. It looks like a "regular" A4. The 6-speed manual shift action is smooth and the clutch actually has feel - BMW is too soft.

Brake failure
By stevef13 on 07/30/14 09:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I bought the S4 because it is advertised as a track car by Audi at their Sports Car Experience at Infineon Raceway. After a warm up session, then 15 minutes on the track I had fade and then failure from my brakes. At the dealership the rotors were determined to be bad. I have owned so many cars, 10 Audi's, and NEVER has this happened. According to the dealership Audi USA will not cover the brakes they put in my car. How is it the S4's they have you track at their raceway last but mine cannot? This car is not for tracking since the manufacturer does not back up it's product and treats loyal owners poorly. Truth in engineering= failure to support customers.

Excellent Driver's Car
By andre1966 on 04/17/14 05:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I am now on my third Audi and my current S4 is certainly the best. I test drove all models excluding A8 (can't afford it anyway) and S4 drives the best. Especially in its Sport mode - what a thrill! You can make it a normal commute car and join thousands of other generics on the highway during rush hours. But you can put in more aggressive mode and enjoy a proper sports car at a press of a button (well several buttons anyway). Brilliant design, excellent engineering and great execution.

2014 S4 *Great Car*
By huntm2000 on 01/06/14 12:43 PM (PST)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I have owned my 2014 Audi S4 for about 6 months now. Overall its a great car for daily driving, but has the ability to turn to super car on demand when you want a fun ride home! I am getting 25MPG for blended driving. Even with summer tires its gets around great on icy and snow covered roads. Fit and finish are top notch.

Early impressions on 2014 S4 6MT highest trim
By vicgill on 09/07/13 05:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

Sheer power, handling, and fun to drive factors are its highlights. Drive Select is now standard across all trims and changes the car from comfortable daily driver to aggressive sports car.