2014 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:
Brakes at 31,000 Miles
By srubin415 on 05/05/14 07:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

At 31,000 miles, the dash indicator screen told me I needed brake pads. Over a third of those miles were put on during 2 road trips. Yet when I questions Audi both at the dealer level and at the corporate level, I was told that on the Q5 & Q7 models, the brake pads must be replaced around 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I have owned many automobiles including 5 other Audi cars. I have never had to replace brakes at 25 - 35,00 miles

Subaru Forester to Audi Q5
By kenwstlkvlgca on 04/13/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was impressed and planned to upgrade to the top model '14 Subaru Forester XT after driving my '02 Forester for the past 12 yrs but after test driving the Audi Q5, the overall quality, detail, and refinement of Audi completely ruined the XT for me! For comparison the XT has more power (250 hp), better fuel economy (avg 25 mpg), greater cargo space (~75 cu ft), and costs ~$5000 less. No matter you can feel the superior quality and craftsmanship in material, workmanship, and engineering in every detail and step of the gas pedal in the Audi. I love the quick acceleration in Sport mode and the refined executive styling and boss 18" wheels! I look fwd to and enjoy driving it each and every day!

Art of Wheels
By jcollum68 on 03/29/14 15:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We looked at a RX350, RDX, X3, SRX. This is the runaway winner. Great timeless design, wonderful interior design and material quality, great step in height and the list goes on. Bought this after owning a 2012 ML350. My wife is 5 foot and ML350 step in height too high. She loves this vehicle, great for a shorter person, perfect size. Have all options on ours except 19 inch wheels. Wish it had power tilt/telescoping wheel, probably only missing options. Very thoughtfully designed, seems overpriced but the devil is in the details. It was worth $8000 more than the RDX after sitting in both back to back. Have had it for a months and we love it, still like my BMW 550 more though!

Upgraded CRV
By thk_1952 on 01/31/14 12:04 PM (PST)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I recently purchased a Q5. I chose it as a medium option between the more expensive SUV's (X5/ML/Cayenne) and the more economic CRV/4runner/CX5's. In retrospect, I would categorize it with the second group and is overpriced for the quality. Peformance: Feels faster than it actually drives, particularly in the 50-70 range needed to merge onto major highways. The Q5 is fun to drive, until you look around and see that you're not accelerating as quiickly as you think. Interior: Cheap leather and interior surfaces look more similar to an accord or CRV than a luxury SUV. The computer/MMI seems out of date and dial is tough to use. Panorama sunroof is too big and gimicky.

Fantastic Automobile
By thepastaman on 12/10/13 17:42 PM (PST)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I had shopped around a bit in Los Angeles for the ideal car for my wife. She had very specific requirements for color and engine...tan or brown on brown and fast. There was only one brown on brown in the state at the time with the supercharged 6. We found Steve Miller at Santa Monica Audi on the internet who was enthusiastic about selling at my asking price of $3,000 off sticker-no questions, no hassle, bada bing! Since day one, the car has been a dream. Both of us drive the car, but she probably airs it out a little more. It is an SUV that thinks it's a sports car. It's a great car. No problems. Gives us a reason to go drive...even in LA.

This is my 1st and will be my last Audi
By cfoandy on 09/10/13 22:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought the Q5 Premium Plus from Tony Peng at Penske Audi. Tony was very helpful, no presssure sales, very smoooth and enjoyable. The finance girl was no pressure either. Love my experience at the dealership, 5-star. I was debating between a BMW X3 and this Q5. What won my heart was its seat, very comfortable. The drive was smooth. This is the Pros. Cons? The navigation system is the WORST! It is so difficult to use that I ended up using my iPhone map/GPS which is FREE. The Audi system costs $4K!! At this price range, this system is totally un-acceptable. Advice for potential buyer: test the navigation system and be sure you accept its performance.

Q5 3.0t Prestige
By auaudi on 09/08/13 15:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Traded my 2008 base model Cayenne for the Q5 3.0 and so far (1 month later) it's a great success. It's just more fun to drive and I didn't need as much cargo space. The 0-60 time, ride quality and sound system are all better in the Audi. And of course the agility and parking ease are better due to the smaller size. Audi MMI maybe has overkill on some features such as 8 different ways to enter a destination into the Nav so maybe there's a little more money invested than absolutely necessary. Also better than the Lexus RX I had before the Porsche

32 of 19,603 people found this review helpful
Great SUV great engine
By audidriver007 on 07/19/13 16:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

It's a great car with a very powerful engine and agile. The Q5 has an impressive torque and can reach 100 km / h in just 5.9 seconds. It's awesome. Its exterior lights have a very modern and sleek design. The interior finish and quality of materials are amazing. The start-stop system saves a lot of gas when traffic is heavy. Bang & Olufsen radio sounds spectacularly well, with great clarity and sound quality. wheel drive because it shows the car has really stuck to the road, giving great driving safety. Engine power is noticeable especially on steep climbs and road overtaking. The chassis structure is firm and sturdy and gives assurance and poise to handle the car. The Audi drive select syst

Amazing...so glad I traded.
By platinumpixie on 07/03/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the Q5 on Monday after 7 disappointing months of driving a 2013 Volvo S60. I could not be happier. I test drove a few other smallish SUVs and this blew them all away. The interior is beautiful and logically set up. I love the panoramic sunroof, the sound-system and most definitely the bigger engine. I drove the 2.0 and could tell a difference and for me it was worth the price jump. The Audi dealer gave me excellent trade value for the Volvo and the transaction was painless.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*