2014 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Q5 Quality Has Gone Down Significantly
By audi4me2

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought my 1st Q5 in 2010 (3.2, in Canada), and had to sell when we went overseas. Came back to US and leased a Q5 again since 1st time it was so great. But things have just gone downhill for Q5 quality: - Check engine light came at 3000 miles - Multiple trips to dealer to fix it - Rear tire starting showing low pressure - Again, multiple trips to fix it - Other rear tire BURST...yes just BURST on the highway at high speed....lucky to be not hurt - Stayed for 30 mins on hold before Audi roadside assistance could finally help - Got home and dealer basically not even responding to have the tire replaced ! No am not talking free....but a fully paid one from me? wtf !

- Heated seats - The car does not have that many features now compared to even basic cars like an Accord...it is embarrassing that when friends come with us that we can't even do basic things like connect our phones to it, have a backup camera (unless you pay thousands extra) - Audi has not added or improved the existing features since they launched the Q5 in 2009...it is really really outdated now

Other issues I have noticed: - No USB ! Come on..even a basic car has one - Outdated software in the MMI...cannot even recognize my iPhone 5...basically they have not updated ANYTHING in the car since I first bought it in 2010...Milking it for all its worth Audi - 2.0 feels lighter and seems like they have taken stuff out of it that it there in 3.2... and the car is just not the same... - B&O system sounds ordinary now...it used to be awesome in the 2010. I think they either tuned it to what they think are "American" likes or they just stripped something from their music system...clarity is gone now...more bass less clarity Not buying another Audi again.

Brakes at 31,000 Miles
By srubin415

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

At 31,000 miles, the dash indicator screen told me I needed brake pads. Over a third of those miles were put on during 2 road trips. Yet when I questions Audi both at the dealer level and at the corporate level, I was told that on the Q5 & Q7 models, the brake pads must be replaced around 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I have owned many automobiles including 5 other Audi cars. I have never had to replace brakes at 25 - 35,00 miles

Subaru Forester to Audi Q5
By kenwstlkvlgca

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was impressed and planned to upgrade to the top model '14 Subaru Forester XT after driving my '02 Forester for the past 12 yrs but after test driving the Audi Q5, the overall quality, detail, and refinement of Audi completely ruined the XT for me! For comparison the XT has more power (250 hp), better fuel economy (avg 25 mpg), greater cargo space (~75 cu ft), and costs ~$5000 less. No matter you can feel the superior quality and craftsmanship in material, workmanship, and engineering in every detail and step of the gas pedal in the Audi. I love the quick acceleration in Sport mode and the refined executive styling and boss 18" wheels! I look fwd to and enjoy driving it each and every day!

Quick acceleration in Sport mode. Refined boss styling. Executive classy looking 18" wheels. Superior build, quality, and craftsmanship. Reclining and sliding rear seats.

Rear hatch needs to be slammed hard to shut completely. The panoramic sunroof sunshade is translucent rather than completely blocking out all roof light.

Art of Wheels
By jcollum68

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We looked at a RX350, RDX, X3, SRX. This is the runaway winner. Great timeless design, wonderful interior design and material quality, great step in height and the list goes on. Bought this after owning a 2012 ML350. My wife is 5 foot and ML350 step in height too high. She loves this vehicle, great for a shorter person, perfect size. Have all options on ours except 19 inch wheels. Wish it had power tilt/telescoping wheel, probably only missing options. Very thoughtfully designed, seems overpriced but the devil is in the details. It was worth $8000 more than the RDX after sitting in both back to back. Have had it for a months and we love it, still like my BMW 550 more though!

Gas mileage great so far, 24 in the city, we have the 2.0T. Rear view camera very high resolution., seat comfort great, rear seats moves backwards and forward. MMI System very user friendly, much better than mercedes. Headlights are great xenon and very bright. Car is timeless in design. Handling is great, for an SUV, drives much like my BMW 550 sport. Step in height wonderful and doors go all the way to bottom of car so no mud on your pants. Bang and Olufsen stereo a no brainer at $825.00.

We couldn't find the diesel so we got the 2.0T. Acceleration is ok, not super fast. I am used to a quicker vehicle, but should be ok for most folks, perfectly adequate. Did not consider gas 6 cylinder because of awful start/stop. Wish it had power tilt wheel for the memory package, most cars in the price range have this, nice for the memory seats. Wish it had heated steering wheel option, nice for Ohio winters. Cupholder location not the best it seems and armrest console is kind of small. If it seems like I am being picky I am, this is truly a great vehicle for what it is and should be good for the 10-12 years we plan on keeping it.

Upgraded CRV
By thk_1952

2014 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I recently purchased a Q5. I chose it as a medium option between the more expensive SUV's (X5/ML/Cayenne) and the more economic CRV/4runner/CX5's. In retrospect, I would categorize it with the second group and is overpriced for the quality. Peformance: Feels faster than it actually drives, particularly in the 50-70 range needed to merge onto major highways. The Q5 is fun to drive, until you look around and see that you're not accelerating as quiickly as you think. Interior: Cheap leather and interior surfaces look more similar to an accord or CRV than a luxury SUV. The computer/MMI seems out of date and dial is tough to use. Panorama sunroof is too big and gimicky.

- exterior styling - lane change/blind spot assist is excellent - full time AWD

- make sunroof smaller (or remove all together) - more powerful air conditioner - add touch screen to computer/MMI (instead of rotating knob that is difficult to use)