Used 2011 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Best all around for sport and luxury
By Darren Roulstone

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2011 Audi A4 has been a great all around car for someone looking for luxury and sport. The S-Line interior is amazing and the sport seats are extremely comfortable and supportive. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine is decent but you will suffer slight turbo lag and it can't compare to the supercharged six-cylinder in the S4. I drove the 328i/335i, C300, IS 250, and G37 and decided the A4 was the best car at combining fun-to-drive, nice interior and exterior design, fuel economy, and technology. My one disappointment is the fuel economy--only 23.3 mpg over 62,000 miles of mixed driving (almost all driving in regular "D" mode; I rarely put it into sport mode). The car has been reliable with only two non-routine repairs, both of which happened in the last 10,000 miles. I'm very happy with the car and am looking at the new "B9" A4 to replace this one.

My first Audi!
By John S

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Been wanting an Audi since I was a kid. This one is my first, although it is used. A mint condition 2011 with 41k miles bought in early 2016.

I REALLY debated over getting rid of my Ram pick-up, paid off mind you, for a few years of monthly payments. The monthly payments are well within my comfort zone, so I'm not crying poor mouth, but I'm the frugal type and view the payments as opportunity cost.

As with any car purchase...........do your homework. As previously mentioned, years 2009 through 2011 are known for oil consumption issues (turbo engines only). This alone caused me severe pause. Not only did I go over the Carfax (work related to fixing this issue will be there if done by a reputable dealer) with a fine tooth comb, I actually called the shop, also on the Carfax, where my vehicle received all of it's milestone check-ups and spoke to the service people. They were kind enough to review the service history of my vehicle with me. My Audi has never been in for oil consumption problems. The service person told me that it was unlikely that I'd experience this given the mileage......it should have popped up by now.

I also called Audi of America and confirmed that Audi has agreed to cover all repairs related to the oil consumption issue for 8 years or 80,000 miles. Whichever comes first. So with that final nugget of information I took the plunge.

The car rides wonderfully and is extremely comfortable. It took a while to get used to all of the buttons and gizmos (my A4 is a loaded premium package) but I feel so spoiled now when driving.

I absolutely love the AWD (Quattro) but have noticed understeer when hitting a corner a little too hot. It's not horrible, but you do need to muscle up a bit when turning into a corner at an above average rate of speed.

Very satisfied and am hoping that this is my starter car for what will be a long relationship with Audi.

Nothing like a manual!
By Johanna

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought an audi A4 premium AWD certified vehicle because it was the only upscale vehicle still available in manual. Unfortunately, Audi has stopped making manuals in the A4. The car handles great and is fun to drive. I highly recommend this car, but a later model (after they redesigned it and made rear folding seats). The fact that my backseat did not fold down was a big disappointment. My car was in an accident, the other driver ran a red light and broadsided the drivers side. I was not hurt, but my car was totaled. I am hoping to get another Audi A4 manual. I know this will be my last opportunity to buy a nice manual. I have to have n AWD car and it handles great in the snow!

No major repairs
By RobertK

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my A4 overall. I love driving it -- the car scoots and turns corners like it's on rails. I don't drive fast enough to notice any understeer, which is reportedly present (CD). Only two minor complaints: First, it uses oil. In the two years I've owned it, only two extra quarts, but still extra oil. Second, the radio has an inexplicable quirk. I regularly (read always) listen to an AM talk-radio station. Once in a while - it seems to correspond to cold wet weather - the sound flops from low to high volume. The amount of flop seems to correspond to the settings that specify how much the radio sound is turned down when the parking sensors are doing their job. But the parking sensors are not on and it only weirds out on the one station; others play just fine. I guess as long as you don't listen to talk radio, this is not an issue. Note: The dealer couldn't figure it out and was not interested in fixing it, despite it being under full warranty when I took it in. That didn't please me much. I'll buy my new 2017 Q5 somewhere else.
I repeat -- I absolutely love this car -- more room than a BMW 3-series and just as fun to drive.

2011 Audi A4 have faulty rings and burn oil
By zmanr

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a known issue - just goggle Audi A4 oil consumption problems and you will see.
Audi has refused a recall and the fix - new rings and pistons - costs between $6000 - $7000.
It's really disappointing that Audi has not stepped up to address this on a broader scale.