2009 Audi A3 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First import for my garage

2009 Audi A3 - Consumer Review

2.0T quattro Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

First import for my garage
By Andy on

2009 Audi A3 2.0T quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a Chevy-only-world I could not be any happier. Power, style, handling, it's all there in spades. The combination of redesigned 2.0T-TFSI, DSG transmission and Haldex AWD is amazing. It is so fun to drive I find myself taking the long-way home almost every day. And the hatch makes it extremely practical. My dog loves cruising around, grinning at everyone through the back window. And the folding back seats have made room for a new grill, small patio set and almost everything I need to haul. On top of all this the A3 is top-rated for safety and sips so little gas I have no concerns with non-stop spirited driving.

Favorite Features

2.0T-TFSI + AWD = WIN Economy and ground gripping traction is hard to beat. Symphony II+ is a breeze to use compared to any one-button Apple-ish interface. DSG is hands down the best feeling auto-manual. So smooth compared to a BMW SMG single-clutch. And stock LEDs are amazing!

Suggested Improvements

Replace shinny aluminum trim with base "black-chrome". More features should be standard --auto-dimming mirrors. Seats are a bit tight and not comfortable after 1-2 hours on the road. Harder windshield and thicker paint. Re-tune engine to unlock true potential, like many 3rd party tuners have.