2006 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Sporty & Practical
By webdevasp on 11/16/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I cross shopped this car against the Subaru Legacy GT/ WRX, and Audi S4 V8. The Legacy felt bland and the WRX unrefined. While the V8 S4 with it's 300hp was the best motor, the interior was small and the A3's hatchback trumps it for practicality. The A3 S-line comes with all the bells and whistles: Sirius XM, Bluetooth, heated driver and passenger seats, twin glass roofs, self leveling HID lights etc. Audi continues to make cars with handsome interiors. Of course the famed Quattro drive makes winter driving a breeze. Performance is brisk for 250Hp and launches are surefooted with AWD. Brakes haul down the car in an instant with little fade.

Love My A3
By aimhigh2000 on 02/18/12 08:27 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car in November 05 when it first hit the dealer. I've had no problems other than a couple factory recalls (and I never had a problem, but took it in anyway) and recently, a misfire in cyl 3 code which seems to pop up. New plugs and coils, so not sure what the issue is. I still get 32MPG on the highway, and yes, that is actual with cruise set @60MPH. I get my car serviced as required. I did have an issue with the front sunscreen. That is a cheap part they could have done better with. I just put 62k, and still going strong. It still has pep, and still looks brand new inside and out. Power when I need it....overall, the car has been great.

Only one problem...
By leo2006a3 on 07/08/11 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2006 A 3 2.0 T the only problem (after four yrs.) are the sunshiled clips. I take the car to every service on the book. Does somebody knows where I can buy those clips (used) ? Just the clips. They cost around 90.00 each at the dealer & about 450.00 of labor.

What a dissapointment!!
By poja3 on 07/06/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this car for 5 years now and I'm completely dissapointed in the craftsmanship and performance of this car. So far I have had to replace: fuel pump, water pump and thermostat, air conditioner evaporator, left tail light bulb (about a dozen times) even though dealer swears there is nothing electrically wrong. Sun roof shade clips break just by looking at them. In addition, the paint on most of the dash board control buttons is flaking out and the paint in the pillars between the doors is about to fall off. Probably one of the worst cars I have ever owned.

Good Service, Junk Car
By helmethead1 on 02/12/11 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Owned certified pre-owned 2006 A3 for 2 months. Heres my timeline, you can be the judge. Week 1 - Heater Blower Motor Dies, Replacement is louder then stereo can go Week 2 - Engine Misfires in Cylinders 3, Car in the shop for a week. Week 3 - Coolant not working AUX fan comes on to cool engine, caused by freezing coolant (improper mix) Week 4 - Engine Light Flashes, Misfire in 3 & 4, Car in shop for week Week 5 - Engine light solid coming off and on Week 6 - Full Coolant Leak, caused by cracked housing from freezing. (another improper mix) Week 7 - Misfires between gear changes (2nd and 3rd gear) Week 8 - Engine Light Solid, returned car to dealership for FULL refund

Great car let down by DSG
By ic70 on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a fun-to-drive car, with a bit more luxury. The A3, being based on the GTI, should be fun-to-drive, and come with nice Audi touches, so I thought this was the car for me. The Audi comfort touches are all there, but sadly, the fun-to-drive was not. The major problem is that in Drive mode, the DSG transmission like to conserve fuel, so it keeps rpm low (1500rpm). This means that when you need power, it takes a long second or two to kick down 2-3 gears to get going, which really really kills the fun-to-drive factor. On Sport mode, it's nice and aggressive (never drops below 3000 rpm), but for daily driving, it's a little too "caffeinated."

Great car when it runs
By helloworld on 09/05/10 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had A3 2.0T 6MT Sports package. Very fun to drive, but very unreliable. Over 4 and 1/2 years of owing it at 45000 miles, I had window sensor issues, hutch lock system replaced, ignition coil failed 3 times, cannot keep alignment more than 6 months, coolant start leaking, center console for rear broke off, temperature sensor failed. Dealer in MA will charge each inspection $110 even it is nothing more than error code download and same task. Start costing me a lot to own it. I finally got rid of it

What a surprise!
By Florida Car on 07/26/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this A3 with 55,000 on it. The interior did surprise me. Well made and very good design. Drove it and just after 5 minutes I knew this one was a keeper. Been in the car rental business for over 25 years, you get to know vehicles, and this one really won me over that fast. I hope that it will be as good on reliability. The Europeans have it right, just the right size and no wasted of space.

So much for German Engineering
By Juanp on 03/22/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It seems that Germans have not discovered aluminum. All the interior design is in plastic with silly parts that break and are not covered by the warranty. Of course, the crooks from the dealer will charge $1000 for any stupid part and make you wait for a week to get it. I used the back seat arm rest once and it broke; I plugged an ipod in the cigarette lighter and it broke; the two moon light roof hatches broke; the bolt that holds the spare tire broke, etc. In addition, the car gets a check engine light every six months. As another reviewer noted, I had to change the Pirelli tires at 10k miles because they were really noisy. Finally, the dealers are pretty bad (but that's another post)

Love It!
By KK on 02/19/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving this car! It handles great around corners and has a nice tight suspension. The extra moon roof is a great addition. Not too happy with the cellphone charger application as it became out of date pretty fast but the bluetooth on the other hand was ahead of its time. Only at 38,000kms and pretty happy with it. I found when I put winter tires on it was really quite noisy in the car. So far the only issue I have had with it is my rear tail light keeps burning out and I am not sure why? I still need to take it in for some kind of recall with the gas cap issue. People actually stop me and ask me about this car, too bad they won't be making it with the 3.2 anymore.