Used 2000 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

Great value
By Little Rock

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car is a dependable, comfortable, good looking car. The only work done on the car was replacing the windshield washer hoses and wipers, because they left a smeary film on the windshield after using windshield washer fluid. Engine is smooth, and the speed shift feature is fun when driving on the weekends. Nice to have an automatic transmission during the week and running around town. Leather seats have held up well. 36,000 miles on the car, and will keep it for several more years. Interior road noise is not bad, but could be improved at highway speeds.

Speed shift, BRIGHT headlights (my buddy says he can tell it's me when he meets me on the road, because of the lights). Nice styling.

Paint could be more durable. Lots of small chips on the front passenger fender. Better lumbar support adjustment. Quieter interior at highway speeds.

Good car
By mamakell

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love this vehicle...but, for it's mileage, it seems to need an awful lot of maintenance. A/c drips, break discs, power seats are starting to go out. In light of those flaws I still feel any Honda product is worth buying.

Sport shifter(even though it's not like my prelude)--heated seats rock!--Great stereo system.

AWESOME car, and Acura supports it!
By susanc

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have been in love with this car since the miunte I got it! It is FAST (though be careful, I got two tickets and never had one before). It's comfortable, controls designed well, and I have never had a problem that Acura didn't cover. Having said that, I did have repeated front brake problems, a seatbelt problem, and the transmission blew at 66k. But Acura had already extended the waranty and covered the problems.

Drink holders! Finally, they are BIG, DEEP, and secure on the sides. I can fit my thermos cup in there and it won't go anywhere. I can't say the same thing for my other Acura, the MDX, which has dainty little cup holders that won't hold anything other than a standard can.

The seatbelts are VERY tight compared to other cars... loosen those a tad. Gas mileage (as other's have mentioned) is a little weak at 22 mpg.

acura tl 2000 w/o nav
By hcmartin

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

2000 tl best auto i ever owned,97 acura cl comes in scond,and a 97honda accord se third. i'm 73 yrs. old and i have owned a new car ever 3 or 4 yrs. since i was 21 yrs. old

clean lines,realiabily, cost to own

either close space between seat and console or open wide enough to get your had between them. seatbelt lock to short,another inch or2 would be great

No Regrets
By mcc

2000 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The car is great to drive. The engine and tranny work well together. I use the sport shift a lot especially in city drivig. Could handle a little better. Will get better tires when they need replacing. Good stereo and leather seats are comfortable.

Engine and sportshift tranny. Good gas mileage for a powerful V6.

The dash need improvement. Little noises can be bothersome. Quieter wipers. Better trunk hinges.