Used 1999 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura TL Sedan

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )

Will buy another Acura
By Roger

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Acura with 44k miles and I have 238k now. I've only had to replace a burnt ignition coil. Had to change the motor mount...going too fast over a RR track..my bad!!! I changed all belts at 144k and do my own maintenance. No tranny problems. This is a great car and my girlfriend wants one now.

Favorite Features

Fully equipped. All features are GREAT!!!

Suggested Improvements

Navigation has two black spots

I love my car
By I.luv.acura

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love my car! I bought it used with 189,00 miles. The previous owner treated it badly, so I have to replace fans and radiator, the relay system had to be changed, routers changed and a long overdue filter change. I also had to replace the struts and front wheel bearings. This didn't bother me too bad because all of these things were original parts from 10 years ago. All I do now is routine maintenance and she drives like a dream.

Favorite Features

I love the custom tailpipes that were put on in the factory. They are bigger and sportier than the standard size pipes. I love the sunroof, and the quick get up and go. Great sound system as well.

Suggested Improvements

a compass

Change transmissions every 50,000 miles
By frances

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Overall, I love the car... but it is now on its fourth transmission with 150,000 miles. Since no one I told my situation to wanted to offer any compensation, I doubt I'll purchase another Acura. Obviously the problem is common, so it seems Acura should step up to the plate!

Favorite Features

Design, comfortable, handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission

Reliable
By bsprings

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Bought my '99 used via eBay for $11,000. Had about 80k miles. I've put nearly 50k miles on it. On highway, I routinely get 25 mpg. Other than routine maintenance (timing belt, oil, brakes, etc.) have had no significant problems. One ignition switch issue was covered under warranty. I am planning to run it til it hits 200k. Only complaints: radio reception is mediocre. Seats could be a bit firmer. I rode in a 2002 TL-S and liked those much better. Great car for the money -- particularly used.

Do not buy
By nathalie mcgill

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my car at the auto store in Miami and since the first day I got my car I had nothing but problems. I replace my transmission last year in nov of 2008 and my transmission went out again in April of 2009. I think I got played and I still make payments on this car. I can't get out of it.

Favorite Features

only thing about it that I like - it's fully loaded

Suggested Improvements

do not need to sell this car anymore to people