Love it But...
By wohojr on
2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this car new and and LOVE IT BUT...the real selling points being it was a Honda (I've owned 5), offered terrific value for the money and was a step up from my 94 Accord EXL four door. It was a coupe but practical enough to drive to work and enjoy all that power and luxury. Where this car let me down was when I had to replace the transmission at 15K! Acura stood behind their product and replaced it for free and even upped the warranty to cover any future problems but it fundamentally changed how I felt about the car. However, nothing else has gone wrong and I'm at 38K now. Acura killed the resale market when they canceled the CL in 03, so I'll be keeping her for awhile longer.
Favorite Features
Xenon lights, engine, heated mirrors, interior design/layout, heated seats, 6 CD in dash stereo, exclusivity (now that they don't make them anymore and compared to my Accord days when every other car on the road seemed like it was another Accord)
Suggested Improvements
TRANSMISSION (which even now downshifts roughly at times), easily scratched wheels, poor resale value--Acura/Honda in general needs to stay in the coupe market and not abandon it (or their loyal customers) so willingly as they've done with the Prelude and CL-- whats next the S2000 or RSX?