Used 2017 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

$27,999

Used Touareg for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Too bad VW USA has decided to stop importing

Theocritus, 03/01/2018
V6 Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

When I discovered VW was discontinuing the Touareg for the USA, I traded my 2016 for a 2017. These are great cars with tremendous specs. The replacement Atlas is like going from a nice car to a pedestrian model. I’d never buy the Atlas, feels junky. VW has basically forced Touareg buyers into its luxury lines, either Porsche or Audi. VW is back to the Beetle philosophy and is segmenting the market.

My 3rd Touareg!

Sterling D Johnson, 01/14/2017
V6 Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I owned 3 Tribeca Subaru and 1 Audi Q5; they were too small. The Touareg is just right; it doesn't bump my head on the lift gate. There is just my wife and me and for us it is a perfect fit. I was surprised at the good acceleration and disappointed with the low end torque since my two other Touaregs were the 3.0 diesels. I think the air resources agencies have an aim to get rid of diesels.

The Amazing Touareg!

Trey, 12/11/2017
V6 Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just an amazing vehicle. Basically a re-badged Porsche Cayenne. The TDI gets 30+ MPG easy. Love Love Love this car!

Perfect Car with Two Small Exceptions

Neil Hollans, 10/07/2016
V6 Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After having this car for a year, no issues and my previous comments stand... This is my second Touareg after driving a 2005 into the ground. Huge improvements in interior luxury/features and acceleration. It's about the perfect car for my needs. Big enough to fit my family of five comfortably, though probably not for long drives. Impressive interior with very high quality parts and styling with beautiful huge oversized sunroof - looks like the Porsche Cayenne it is based on at almost half the price. Quick, steady acceleration for such a heavy car and great ride...I've been sneaking up to 80 or 85 mph accidentally a few times because it rides so smoothly. The two small issues are 1) no CD player (that is probably me resisting change) and 2) no USB port, just bluetooth. For the CD player there is a media port in the center console that I plugged in a portable CD player, but it's a bit cumbersome to use. For the USB I guess I can live with just the Bluetooth and an outlet, but you'd think they could drop a USB in the center console for easy charging. There's a regular outlet on the back of the console but it's not easy to access when driving. Maintenance and reliability are good so far - not a single issue in one year and 15,000 miles. Altogether this is an exceptional car that looks great, feels great, drives great and has about every feature you'd want. Highly recommend.

Really love the vehicle

Dennis, 07/26/2017
V6 Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I would buy another one!!