Used 2013 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

Used Touareg for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

2013 Touareg TDI 500 miles!

2013vwtdi, 05/10/2013
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Folks, I just completed 500 miles on my new Touareg TDI and i am very impressed by the drive and handling of this vehicle. I have driven BMW X5 and even though the steering feel is lighter than on the X5, this one handles great. I did not expect this from VW. Just cover the VW batch, you feel you are in a Audi and any other German Vehicle. Layout is neat and clean. interior is plush and very comfortable driver position. I am counting that new vehicles have better reliability from VW, i will have to wait and see.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

4.88 out of 5 stars

My best friend on the road..

sumeet, 04/20/2013
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Consumer reviews at Edmunds have been a factor in my decision making to purchase cars. I felt obliged to return this favor but was patient to write my first review. Now with 10000 miles driven on my new Touareg purchased last October , I am so happy with this SUV. To start with , simplified three levels of trim made it simple to determine which one fits my need ( X5 packages were so confusing). Driven it all over the bay area hilly terrain in wet and dry weather. The performance and handling is simply awesome. The torque makes highway merging and overtaking so easy. Its engine is super silent with stellar performance.It gives me about 29 mpg in 70/30 hwy/city. BTW, my daughter loves it too..

2014 TDI R-Line

mkcoach1, 12/17/2014
TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I bought my 2014 Touareg R-Line in November and have driven it 3,600 miles of mixed highway and city driving. It is a great vehicle and has exceeded my expectations. The interior is very similar to my 2010 Porsche Cayenne that I drove for 3 years and very close to my wife's 2012 Audi Q7 S-Line. I am getting 26 miles to the gallon combined and the R-Line sport suspension is great fun to drive. Very comfortable seating for an old athlete that is 6'5" and it has very easy controls for navigation etc.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Exceptional SUV that won't let you down

touareg13, 02/18/2015
VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I don't like SUV's or "crossovers." They're slow, handle poorly and are simply boring to drive. This was my mindset until my wife's A4 broke down for the last time and the dealer gave us a Touareg loaner. I hadn't been familiar with the latest Touareg, but I was impressed immediately so we bought one. It looks great and is highly capable off road and in bad weather. We take ours for long roads trips around New England and its proven to be comfortable in Vermont blizzards, Maine logging roads and long stretches of interstate. Some may scoff at the high price for a VW but the fit and finish of the car is on par with any high end German car. Its a solid vehicle that's up for adventure.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Steering wheel shake

shakes1, 09/28/2013
VR6 Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a slightly used 2013 VW Touareg VR6 LUX approx. 4 weeks ago. Upon driving home from the dealer I noticed that between the speeds of 60 and 75 mph the steering wheel would shake back and forth. This was confirmed over many miles and all types of road surfaces. The car would also pull to the right as well as exhibit a vibration in the seat. The car has now spent 3 weeks at the dealer and after approx. 20 tires and countless road force balancing the issue still exists. VW, in an apparent attempt to limit their liability, is blaming the tires. They now refuse to attempt any more repairs and have told me to pick the car up. They acknowledge the issue to still to be present.

12345...7