Used 2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great Choice

jwalt300, 04/26/2014

I've had this car for just over one year, but have already put 41k miles on it. Had a very small problem early (round 3k miles), where the passenger seatbelt light came on. Dealer fixed it and I've had no problems since. I'm averaging 41mpg (up and down hills/mountains) commuting to work, and I've gotten as high as 55mpg on "normal" trips. MPG under city conditions not as good (avg maybe 32-36), but still not bad. The more you stay on the highway, the better your mpg. Good leg and shoulder room for tall people (I'm 6'3). Seats could be a little more comfortable, but maybe it's because I sit there for longer periods.

Troubles, Troubles - Glad I paid for extended warr

Harlan, 10/08/2016
TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I had the turbo go bad....lost the car for 8 days and the price was over $3000 dollars plus motel, rental car, etc. Luckily, subtracting the cost of the monthly extended warranty I saved $1300. Then a month later the pump that supplies the urea to the catalyst converter went bad while I was away from home. Paid to have the check engine light diagnosed, over $100. Part not available and had to be ordered from the factory - nowhere else was allowed to stock the part. I elected to return home to my local dealer that said they do not trust anyones else's diagnosis, so another $100. That repair was $1100. Now I have an appointment scheduled to fix the AC. The dual system....drivers side cold air....passenger side, total heat. Have to drive with the windows down. Heat wins out. Pretty sure they'll have to remove the dash. Glad I'm still paying for the extended warranty. In the details you'll set the Passat has 105,000 miles, but I run only synthetic oil, changed more other than necessary and I've changed the transmission twice with the third time due in 15,000 miles. Over all my wife and I love the car. Well built, but the troubles are causing us to return it to VW in the buyback. We are considering going with a gas model of the Passat or Audi. VW really makes a great cars.

Great, Relaible

Vic F, 03/28/2017
S 4dr Sedan w/Appearance (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

100% synthetic oil change required

car

johnny , 09/21/2020
TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

it’s a good car