Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

too many things go wrong
By B. J. Seale

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We have gone over board to do the proper maintenance and this is what has happened. We have had to replace the heater core 4 times. Warranty took care of 3 but something is wrong because it still does not work right. The door locks/security system does not work. $995.00 to fix. Developed oil leakage in gaskets. $900. 00 to fix. AC gone bad, $1005.00 to fix. Speed control unit out. $340.00 to fix. Just put it in the shop, probably coil and plugs to be replaced according to the mechanic, $300 to 500 to fix. My chevy truck 3 years older and 40,000 more miles only had a tune up with plugs and wires etc and still running good. Did we go wrong buying VW? Looks like it. Now back in the shop, smoking, probably blown gaskets, and possibly leaking water and anti-freeze. What next?

This car is a money pit!
By Skye

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

One thing Shoppers need to know before buying this car is that this certain make and model and year 135,000 were made in Mexico and those ones are having problems lots of problems I've had mine sense March of this year 2018 and I've done nothing but poor money into it and I only have a little over 81000 miles I purchased it and it had 79,000 miles I've already had to invest almost $4,000 into it and now there's more problems happening like the electrical and the fuel pump as well as the ABS control module so on doing my research after purchasing this I've noticed many people having the same problems as me and the sucky thing is that VW with their warranties on the recalls they're worth nothing you end up paying for the true problem but their warranty recalls are written to wear the cover not the underlying problem but the problem that you get after the problem solved it's ridiculous you end up spending more money than the car is worth and when you go to sell it you're not even making half back it's just so sad how VW as we sorted to search cheap materials that their car quality is not as good as it used to be and that they will not take responsibility for their actions it's truly sad unless you have money to do it or your mechanic buying this car is going to be a money pit and you're going to be investing in it more than it's worth in the end.

Sporty Sedan
By Paul Schwemmer

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This was to be my run around errand car. It turned into my daily driver, trip and most reliable car

My Car - the Two P's
By Gary T

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The two P's are plastic and performance ! Yes - the car is fast and does very well on the highway. Its sporty but not flashy - but I love it anyways. The 2.5L motor gets up and goes thru traffic - all for a price which is gas milage... On the highway - from Las Vegas to Loma Linda, CA - less than half a tank (going an average of 80 mph). The car loves 80 and up !!! Handling is another WOW ! I have those sporty tires and rims - makes a big difference !

Unacceptable repair costs!!!
By angie

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

There are many problems involved with this car, including faulty cylinders, throttle body mailfunctions, and wiring!