Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Sporty Sedan
By Paul Schwemmer

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This was to be my run around errand car. It turned into my daily driver, trip and most reliable car

My Car - the Two P's
By Gary T

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The two P's are plastic and performance ! Yes - the car is fast and does very well on the highway. Its sporty but not flashy - but I love it anyways. The 2.5L motor gets up and goes thru traffic - all for a price which is gas milage... On the highway - from Las Vegas to Loma Linda, CA - less than half a tank (going an average of 80 mph). The car loves 80 and up !!! Handling is another WOW ! I have those sporty tires and rims - makes a big difference !

Unacceptable repair costs!!!
By angie

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

There are many problems involved with this car, including faulty cylinders, throttle body mailfunctions, and wiring!

So much potential!
By Carson C.

2009 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2009 Volkswagen Jetta S in 2013. It was a certified used vehicle purchased from Volkswagen Van Nuys in Van Nuys, CA, and it only had 27,000 miles on it. Since I've owned the car, the resale value has tanked. It now has about 85,000 miles, and is only worth about $8,500 max (and that's including all the upgrades). I've had many electrical issues with the car...such as: 1.) In 2014, the fuse panel under the engine melted, 2.) In 2016, my front driver seat almost caught fire, as the seat warmer burned through the seat & caused black marks...luckily, I noticed before it turned into a fire, 3.) In 2016, my fuse panel inside the car melted. Although Volkswagen considers some of these "safety issues", they will refuse to take care of the problem...which is why it is unfortunate, but I will never purchase another Volkswagen again. I will give this car credit -- it handles very well. The only other negative about this car, is that I feel as though the car goes through gas a lot faster than it is supposed to. I even borrowed a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta while mine was being repaired, and the car would say "125 miles until empty"...5 miles later, it would read "110-115 miles until empty", and so forth. I would not recommend this car to anyone over 5'8". I am about 5'6"/5'7", and even I sometimes will hit my head getting in and out of the car.

2nd set of coilovers
By NoneYa

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

so I changed my oem suspension to a reputable company's coilovers about some 3 or 4 years. OMGOGMGGOMG, the car handled sooo much differently and moooar enjoyable to drive.....even with a drop of about 1" or 1.5" car runs great on long drives...although a little more road noise....but that's fixed via the radio volume. Other than getting new tires....the oil change and small things I've had NO problems w/my car....except the stupid door dings at the grocery store....