Skip to main content

Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Jetta GLI for Sale
Select your model:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2014 Jetta GLI, so we've included reviews for other years of the Jetta GLI since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

GLI - Best Jetta Ever

jpcarvajal, 01/19/2014
2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've been a proud owner of almost all VW lineup. While the best engine from VW is the Diesel with the 6 speed manual, the rest of the Jettas are a complete downgrade from previous generations. The good news folks is that VW created the GLI and this car has all the technical specs from the GTI. Suspension, performance, brakes, tires, wheels, interior design, etc. The car drives like a German car. All other Jettas are boring daily commuters. Go test drive one, you won't find a similar performance on any other sedan, unless you have $35K. Keep in mind that the base GLI is selling for $26K. I got mine for $24K. Sadly, the review from Edmunds is disappointing. These guys love Japanese cars.

4.5 out of 5 stars

GLI Autobahn w/nav review

tunafizzish, 01/15/2013
2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After about a thousand miles on the GLI, I thought I would write a quick review. I'll start by saying that I test-drove most small to midsized cars and this was my absolute favorite of the bunch. The car is fun to drive. The handling and little turbo engine really go well together. In addition, it comes completely loaded for under $30k (after a little negotiating). The ride is a little stiff compared to other jettas, but the sport suspension will do that. Also, I am about 6'6'' and can very comfortably drive this car. Love the car.

4.38 out of 5 stars

What car were the Edmunds people driving???

peteydrives, 03/17/2014
2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have no idea what car the people at Edmunds were driving, but they are either insane or on the take. I have had my GLI for about 30 months, and I absolutely love it, and my only complaints are about some missing features (which are on the new cars, except for rain sensing wipers). Edmunds suggests that you consider other cars. Really? What, pray tell, can you buy LOADED for under 30K, that feels like a tight German sedan with a MANUAL tranny? The answer is NOTHING. For perspective, here are the cars in my past 1985 GTI, 1990 Corrado, BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3, 1994 Porsche 911 Carrera and a sprinkling of SUV's. I sold my 911 because, frankly, the Audi was just more fun to drive and less

4.38 out of 5 stars

Almost perfect!

ronbham, 02/15/2013
2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Big bang for the buck, fun to drive, German engineering, good fit and finish. A lot of car for under 30k. Comfortable interior for a sub-compact.

4.63 out of 5 stars

GLI DSG Edition30 w/Nav

chi_mike, 05/09/2014
2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition 30 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I picked up my brand new 2014 GLI Edition30 w/Navigation on Saturday, May 3rd, and I'm completely in love with the car. The power from the 2.0L turbocharged engine feels much greater than the figures suggest (210HP/207ft/lb torque). The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, hence why it is listed under both Favorite Features AND Suggested Improvements. The car literally drives like a manual transmission-equipped vehicle. The car lurches forward when breaking to a complete stop due to the sporty transmission downshifting through the gears. This all contributes to the "sporty" factor, and while it can be pleasurable, I do a lot of commuting in heavy traffic and it can become annoying.