Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...27

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

GTI MkV -- Nice

SpitfireCole, 09/26/2006
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After trading in a 350Z with reliability problems, I wanted something practical that would still be fun to drive. With the GTI, I do not feel like I made much of a sacrifice. This car is a blast to drive. It is quick and nimble. I'm not sure that I'm a joiner type, so the VW community still scares me a little..but I love the car.

Just Fun

George, 12/08/2006
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I intended to purchase a Mini Cooper S, but after driving he GTI I was sold that this was the car for me. I was looking for small and fun to drive vehicle and I made the right decision. The longer I own it, the more I appreciate the GTI's quality. I only wish it came with 4 wheel drive.

VW MKV GTI

bigmiza, 12/20/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the car. I looked at other cars such as the Civic SI and Subaru WRX, but I fell in love with the VW. I love the design, both exterior and interior. The performance is great, when requested. I love the ride--a great balance between comfort & performance.

4.38 out of 5 stars

The Real GTI is Back

Nick S., 03/26/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my GTI for almost two years now, and it's easily the finest car I've ever driven. There were so many duds that followed the 1983 original, but Volkswagen finally got serious again about this iconic model. The engine is the star here, propelling what's not a light vehicle with gusto. It pulls from below 2000 rpm, which means there's virtually no turbo lag. Great car for darting around Manhattan traffic, but the open road is where it shines. Buckets of torque make passing a breeze, and the VW is unflappable at high speed. Overall reliability has been surprisingly solid. Fuel economy has been atrocious.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Not impressed

car lover, 12/31/2007
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned the car for 4 months and already had 1 recall, rear windshield wiper stop working, passenger door seal came off, airbag fault. Dealer had to replace the harness.For a new car with 3500 mile I'm not impressed. Have always owned Hondas or Subaru and the Germans have got a bit of catching up to do. Oil filter is in an inconvenient place. You need to remove the shield on the bottom of the engine for access and it cost $12. Car lacks top end. Handles nice but awd would be a plus. Nice styling, comfortable seats, convenience of hatchback, My first and probably last VW

12345...27