2018 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Atlas model:

A great concept poorly executed and unsafe
By Jeff J

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 Launch Edition 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We test drove nine SUV's and did a lot of research before choosing the Atlas. It seemed to be the superior choice but we soon learned all that glitters isn't gold. It has proven to be unreliable and unsafe. It has shut-off the engine three times while it has been in motion, fortunately at slow speed. The most recent scary experience occurred when the auto stop/start shut of the engine then failed to restart when the brake was released. It had to be put in park and manually restarted. It spent a week in the dealership repair shop for what was supposed to be a four hour job. The entertainment system spontaneously turns itself on and the rear climate control frequently turns itself off. I recently learned from VW Customer Service that the vehicle has nine recalls but I have only received notification of four. It is sad that Volkswagen has bungled this vehicle. After reading some of the other reviews, we have been relatively fortunate. I strongly advise choosing a different vehicle and to avoid purchasing an Atlas or any Volkswagen.

Step Away From The Atlas
By Martino312

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I traded my Atlas after only having it 6 months and it was in back at the dealership 8 times for repairs. My front parking sensors had a major flaw in them that the dealership could not “replicate” even though I showed them a video of the vehicle doing it. They made me feel like I was the idiot. Sorry VW you are on this first run Atlas. Then there was the horrible idling, the crack in the crystal on the radio, the rear window falling down and not going up, and the Apple CarPlay never working correctly. Oh and no parts are ever available so the car has to sit at the dealership. Give it about 3 years before you even consider this 14 MPG Gas Hog

8 speed is TERRIBLE
By ALLDRAKES

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This 8 speed is just flat out TERRIBLE. Hard shift from1-2 gears, in town it never knows if it should be in 2 or 3 gear and when it decides it jerks you back in your seat.

Worst customer satisfaction ever
By Danny Goodman

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Beware have owned the vehicle less then 4 month and it has been in the shop for over three weeks straight and no end in site recall after recall air conditioning doesn’t work right and dealer told us probably another 30 days Volkswagen corporate is the worst ever family of six wife pregnant and finally got a loaner vehicle Passat seats 5 requested a replacement a week ago and area representative said he is sorry to here that and said a least we have a car to drive. Totally uncaring to a quick response or resolving the issue with the 50,000 dollar car that sits in there care dealer has five other ones in there shop that are having the same problems never again

1 year old and 10k miles
By Desiree

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 S 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

No issues so far. I drive my vehicle on a daily. I love it. It's so spacious and comfortable. It's perfect for a family car. Its stylish and roomy my kids love it. I choose the atlas because it was the most affordable and stylish SUV on the market.