2018 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Atlas model:

Owned for 6wks serious issue!!
By DR

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Do your research before buying, go for a car thats reliable and safe for your family. My first brand new car purchase and first VW. Very happy with it at first until 6 wks into owning it something very dangerous happened. Dashboard and alarming sound occur "Brake booster faulty" is displayed. It caused brake pedal to become harder to press, therefore causing the car to come to a stop longer. It happened twice in a day very dangerous situation because it can cause an accident due to brakes not working properly. It threw my trust for this car out the window. Called the dealer right away and I decided to take it in to check. Sure enough it was a sensor that needs to be replaced already. Not happy at all. Now I'm second guessing my purchase. Its going to be hard to take it back and hope that nothing else occurs in the next month. Gas is also terrible, seems like it spends more than my Chevy Tahoe. Maybe purchasing a car that just came out is not a good thing, since nobody knows what's going to be wrong with them.

Volkswagen piece of garbage
By Livia Wong

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 S 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

DON’T BUY IT! . Do yourself a favor and don’t buy this piece of garbage. I bought the 2018 Atlas and it’s giving just headaches and Volkswagen don’t do anything for you as a consumer. One day I found the drivers side floor full of water after a rainy day. I thought I left the window slightly open (WRONG) after another rainy day the same thing I have pictures and videos with proof. Took the car to the dealer and THEY DIDN'T FIX IT. 4 times with the same situation and the drivers door is all screwed, it makes horrible noises and the alert system goes on anytime. VOLKSWAGEN CAN’T DO ANYTHING. Off course the have the money in their pockets anything else don’t matter. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO VOLKSWAGEN!!!

13 months of ownership and love my Atlas
By SSingh

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought it September last year when it was only launched for 3 months, but have not experienced any problems with it so far. The pickup is great and it feels great driving it. I don't drive too much, so only drove 6000 miles in last 1 year, and mostly city driving. I used to have one concern with pickup around 2000 rpm, when it used to think about right gear some times, but after I visited dealer last week and got software update, there are no issues with picked and it's pretty fast at all speeds. I have been worried after reading all the negative reviews from many people, but have not experienced any issues so far, so i guess got a good car. The pickup is good, it drives great, turning circle radius is great, very spacious, technology is good. I love everything about this car.

An SUV and not a Minivan disguised as SUV
By HNVA

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SEL Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Looked at all, tested all and the Atlas won overall. Ride is great the pickup is what I expect of such an SUV and is on par with competition. I have spoken to many owners who had nothing but praise for the Atlas. It sure seems that if one has issues then the person is every where to complain. I have seen the same person complain in the same place several times. So I thought I should also give my opinion. I do recommend it. Everyone that has been in it had nothing but positive views of it. I had 6 passengers (7 including driver) and not one complained and the power was just right. My MPG seems to be better than the avg. but I always drive light footed (60% city and 40% highway) and my avg. MPG is at 22. Got as high as 26 mpg on highway at 60 MPH.

3.6L Atlas SEL AWD
By AtlasOwner

2018 Volkswagen Atlas V6 SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We've owned it for a year and it's been flawless. A year and 9500 miles later and it has yet to go to the dealership for any reason. The 3.6 V6 is quiet and smooth and the power is more than adequate. The fuel economy is slightly worse than expected but we do all city driving and my wife drives with a heavy foot. The interior quality is good and adult's have sat in the 3rd row and have found it comfortable. The Atlas is a solid 3 row crossover.