2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $122
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Love this car

ibb2002, 01/18/2021
V6 SEL Premium R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got the top of the line model and I love it. The driving experience is luxurious and similar to Audi (which I normally buy/lease). The design of the car is very thoughtful and while the car is big, it drives small and relatively quick, note I do own the 3.6 V6 and didn’t test drive the smaller engine. The other car in the house is an Audi Q5 and I always choose to drive the VW Atlas cross sport. I would agree with the other reviews that the fuel consumption is relatively inefficient but I don’t drive much so it mattered less to me. I would truly recommend anyone to take this beauty for a spin.

Spacious Vehicle with Beautiful Unique Styling

Carlo, 05/28/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased this vehicle in November 2020 and I am very happy with my decision. I have the 2.0T AWD engine which drives very smooth and has enough power for driving around town. Great SUV for big and tall people or anyone would prefer a spacious cabin.

I got a Lemon

Amy Murphy, 08/14/2021
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had my 2021 Cross Sport SE Premium 14 months before I traded it in. I love the Cross Sport, I miss it, but I think my particular vehicle was a lemon not necessarily all Cross Sports. I love driving it. It was comfortable, and I personally think it is the most gorgeous car on the road, but the issues... The first issue I had was the strut rattle. When I took it to the dealership, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I persisted with another visit and they had to replace a part of the strut, which fixed the rattle. The second issue I had was with the crash avoidance system. The first time it engaged was not a situation as I was far enough back that I could have avoided the collision, but it engaged and almost killed the motorcycle cop behind me. One thing is for sure, this system defies the laws of physics! I turned the collision avoidance system off so it would not do that again. With the system off. It engaged twice in a 1 week period and immediately after the 2nd incidence the brakes were making a grinding noise. Before I could get it to the shop, the car turned itself completely off at a red light with the error that the door was open. It took opening and shutting the doors several times to get to where I could get the car in park to get it started again. Fortunately I had the oil changed with full point inspection to prove that I had not been riding the brakes. The service department refused to believe the anti collision system could cause the damage to the rotors and I had to fight to get VW to pay for replacing them. The only thing that saved me from having to pay for the replacement is that inspection 2 weeks prior. The electrical issue was a sensor. I had to take it back to the shop a few months later because I was still having issues with the door sensor. This last time, time number 4, was the same door sensor issue. Along with the door sensor replacement, the wiring harness in the door had to be replaces, which they now think was the issue causing the sensor to continue to fail. 4 times was enough for me to get out while the getting was good. I do think the issues I was having was that particular car and I would have gotten another Cross Sport had they had the same or step up from mine but they didn't. Oh, there is also the horrible gas mileage, but it's a V6 so I expected that.

Stay Away

Charlie , 06/30/2021
SE w/Technology R-Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car has caused me nothing but issues. I’ve had the car for 1 month and a half. It’s been in the shop for nearly 4 weeks. I’ve had nothing but major issues. Car stalling out, push to start not working, car automatically being put into neutral while sitting at a light and car hard shifting when I get off the gas. Seems like that was a transmission. They’ve ordered parts etc. I WILL NEVER BUY VOLKSWAGEN AGAIN.

1 out of 5 stars

Nothing but issues so far

LK, 03/10/2021
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car with full confidence that I would completely love it. Since getting it in early December, my brand new car has been in the shop for over a month for the engine light already being on and a fuel sensor issue. I receive it back and two days later it happens again. Less than a week later my car is once again having issues and the key will not connect or let me auto lock it from the outside. They replaces the key battery and that was not the issue. Another system failure. Corporate has been beyond helpful but I feel like I made a massive mistake buying this car. Will go back to the dealer tomorrow to get fixed once again. I had better luck with my Jeep Wrangler.. and who says that!

12345...6