Used 2010 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

8 years of excellent performance
By TomS

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'1" tall, close to 200 lbs, and find the Yaris to be very comfortable. It has been, for the eight years I have owned it (bought it new), reliable, great and gas, cheap to maintain, and continues to hold a new appearance. I have close to 60K miles on it, miles from several years of hot, cross-desert travel, as well as many long trips from California to Texas, and hauling my dogs, as well as everything from bricks, rocks, and furniture. The steering response is fantastic, feeling like rack and pinion steering. I have the oil changed regularly, using the synthetic grade, and replaced the tires. That's it. I do not use the dealer for maintenance, just regular retail chains. I recently took the car to the dealer though, to do the many recalls that were piling up over time. The dealer was polite, fixed them all, plus did a full check on the vehicle. He told me everything was in fine shape, and nothing extra was needed. I was delightfully surprised. I came out of a 9 year love affair with my Mercedes 230 SLK to this car, for practical reasons, and thought I would feel a great loss. Not so. I have loved every minute of this quirky car, especially the dash which has all instrumentation in the center of the dash (models since was unfortunately eliminated), so that when you are driving, you do not have all the distraction from dash lights in your face. When I was poking around at the dealership, looking at a Prius, while waiting to pick up my car from my recall visit, the sales guy acknowledged to me that I could get quite a bit outside selling my car, as it was very desirable on the resale market, far above what a book trade in value would acknowledge.

My lifetime favorite car
By Jazz Paz

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is an inexpensive car to purchase and almost free to drive and maintain. I had 64,604 miles on mine -- it still looked and ran like new -- when it was rear-ended by a truck. I was heartbroken when my insurance "totalled" it. I bought a new Yaris ... and I am in love again.

Great car for a college commuter!
By Chris Hall

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Yaris Sedan for my Daughter. She is a college student and the Yaris has been a fantastic car for her. Very reliable and fuel efficient. She is very happy with this vehicle, have owned for 1-1/2 years and no problems at all!

My model is not a real hatchback
By Please Help

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

They gave me a car with cargo area "B". There is no certification on the car. They said they don't do that in this dealership, and the only toyota dealer of any size is 190 miles away (I'm in what historically is mostly forest area). Wood has to come from somewhere. They sold me a car that has no floor in the hatch. I need the car to travel for medical and to be able to look for a place and possibly move to a more convenient area. I am a 70 yr. woman. I have circulation problems extending especially to my feet. The heel of my foot becomes numb, and I have to try to rest at reststops. This cargo area is not what I was shown. It is cargo area "B". There are two cargo area options on this Yaris. I can't get any information on even how to get it changed from the "B" one which is not usable. It has a 6 inch area of no floor in the rear. I thought when initially shown the car it did have a flat area, and one is shown on p. 46--adjustable components. I have called the 800 number trying to get the "upgrade" so I can go to the back and be able to put my feet up there, or have the option of camping with a friend while travelling through bear country, and staying safely in the back, as I'm only 5'3" and there is plenty of ROOM. Also, the heat does not come down and get your feet toasty. The heater is loud so you can't hear the turn signals if it is on. I used to drive a geo, but it was leaky around the windows with age. The toyota company with the number in the owners manual was not helpful in that they referred me back to this dealer, Midcity Toyota in Eureka, CA. Stuff slips and slides as the carpeting on the back floor parts is extremely slippery (which don't fit together in "Type B" cargo floor). You could put another bathroom rug or something over it if it was anything like flat without the strip just above the spare tire compartment but the "cargo" compartment" does not hold cargo as it stands. I am allergic to plywood or I could get someone to saw a piece to fit in if it was flat (all this is with the back seat collapsed). But I am told plywood "gasses off" and that is what causes my headaches around it. Man, this is a headache. Also, I accidentally had the mileage button on "trip" I have had this car for 8 months and I just now saw it is not on odometer, but trip. The instrument panel on these cars is way to the right and there are 3 or actually 6 (one within the other) temp. controls. It is far to the right of where the driver sits, and my insurance would not allow anyone else to drive. It flips from this "trip" calculator to the odometer--and I did not read the whole 400 page manual to notice. I had to go on a "medical vacation" immediately (the dentists here in this tree harvesting area are a little "off". To get anything for the buck, you have to travel. The old geo was not a modern car, but its seats were not as hard on the hip joints and the controls were straight-forward and stuff did not slip and slide as much in the interior. I like the car, though, as it is modern and is not a gas-guzzler (I'm very GREEN as far as all that, plus I'm on a budget!). There are too many people around here with the giant truck tires, the jumbo sized-trucks, or belching out black smoke with no muffler, etc.

What a great buy!!
By Rebecca S. Drayton

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is now, April 2018 - am still loving the car! Very happy with my purchase!

It has been 8 months and I am still loving my car! What a great buy! Love the car!!

Upside : Great gas mileage, zippy drive for a four cylinder, very reliable! Downside: No legroom in the back seat; but the back seat does fold down to create greater storage/carrying space and more trunk space.

Car would have been ideal designed as a two-seater.