2017 Toyota Yaris iA Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Yaris iA Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris iA model:

Great car!!
By Peter Collins

2017 Toyota Yaris iA 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great value for the money. I bought this car as a cheap gas miser but turned out to be a great car.

Toyota 2017 iA
By Adrian N

2017 Toyota Yaris iA 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car on its own is a solid car for a first time buyer as it comes with standard add ons like, Bluetooth, a touch screen and USB ports. The only reason I dislike this car is because it actually carries a Ford Fiesta engine. So this car is a combination of the Yaris, Mazda 3 and the engine of a Ford. When I purchased this car Toyota offered me the reliability of a Toyota but sold me a Ford. Therefore, I Do Not recommend this car to Anyone!! unless you're just in need of a stepping stone car to be able to finance something better in the future.

Yaris iA is one of the best small cars available
By Gopher Cy

2017 Toyota Yaris iA 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is sold by Toyota, but it's really a Mazda2, and it drives like a Mazda. I would have bought one but my wife and I decided we needed a larger car (we got a Mazda6). In a couple of years, when we need to replace our 2nd car, I'm going to look at the Yaris iA again. I loved it when I drove it earlier this year.

LLook for Manufacturing Defects in the Paint.
By lisamariemims@gmail.com

2017 Toyota Yaris iA 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

If you buy from a dealer who doesn't inspect the car before putting it up for sale, they will sell you a "new" car with significant manufacturing paint defects. If you try to get that fixed, the dealer will say they can't help and Toyota will tell you it may not be covered. Unless you want to get completely ripped off by Toyota, avoid this car.

6 months out. Still no response from Toyota, other than continuing offers to “talk.” Fraud, fraud, fraud

Unbelievably Great
By Happy Owner

2017 Toyota Yaris iA 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has by far exceeded my expectations. I also currently own a newer full size luxury sedan. I was looking for small, fuel efficient an decently comfortable. I looked at, test drove and considered Honda Fit (terrible CVT transmission, sluggish engine response. Great head/legroom, lots of interior space) Toyota Corolla (They don't refer to the Corolla as an appliance for nothing, BORING!) VW Golf (awesome but several thousand dollars more, and MPGs not great) Hyundai Accent (ok all around, not much tech and kinda slow acceleration, rather bland) Chevy Sonic (my 2nd choice with the Turbo only, base engine too slow. great car all around but cost several thousands more to get similar features, and gas mileage is rather bad for the segment) The IA has a great, almost upscale fit and finish. The interior is especially nice, so many complements. The safety features, tech gadgets etc are so much more than anything in this segment offers for $15,000. The car is actually a Mazda 2 with Toyota badges, and that is evident throughout, especially the amazing engine, transmission tuning and exterior styling. This car does not feel cheap. The ride and handling are far about the class standard, more on par with the Mazda 3 (zoom zoom) I was so surprised. People have complained of this vehicle being slow, the cure to this is turn off traction control and turn on sport mode. Its no sports car, but it will totally surprise you. Its a hoot to drive on windy roads. The only negative I found is the seats could be more comfortable, but they aren't by any means bad, and the rear legroom isn't great. All and all for the money I don't feel this vehicle can be beat. I chose this over the above mentioned vehicles and have zero regret.