Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Can't go wrong
By cpfincham

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.

Size! The CrewMax size was the tipping point for me. Same size truck from other manufactures was 2-4K more. Dealership also offered free lifetime warranty on drive train as a testament to the reliability of Toyota.

As a DIY oil changer I find it frustrating how difficult it is to change the oil. Not a standard oil filter assy. Be prepared to spend 55- 90 dollars on an oil change from the dealer. Time and tools needed not worth it for me to do it.

First Toyota
By Robert

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my first Toyota this June. I have always owned Dodge Ram (had 5 of them) My 10' SR5 TRD 5.7L I-force smokes the Hemi, the interior is way more comfortable, more creature comforts, and larger rear sear (comparable models). All the power anybody needs,Big, fast, tough truck. Don't complain about mileage you won't find much better. Smooth ride and plenty of room...Love this truck.

Smooth ride, Power and smooth transmission, Blue tooth, fast, fast, fast truck....

Possible make the tundra with optional diesel..

Tall guys will love it!
By jason

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Fantastic truck! Besides the looks, besides the massive towing abilities, besides the power, this truck just fits. Just driving it you feel in total control. Regardless if your towing a 10,000 lbs piece of equipment or a bed full of whatever, this truck does it with confidence. And I have to say being 6'3"(ish) I love how much room I have. Not to knock the other full size trucks, but I just felt cramped. If you like everything right in your face then this truck may not be for you. But if you like room, serious power (all available at low rpm by the way), and a great ride all with more cup holders than people can handle - then this is for you. And it's built in the US!!! Yes!! Texas

Close 6 speed gearing. Nasty off idle torque. Room in the driver's seat. Adjustable headlights. Storage everywhere!! Built like a 3/4 ton, but rides a lot better!!

It's hard to complain about the fuel mileage if you're looking to purchase any full size truck. Regardless they are all poor!! But a multi-displacement mode would help the matter.

2010 Toyota Tundra SB 5.7 Double Cab
By Fred

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle but am disappointed in the mileage. I expected better and I know Toyota can do better! I bought the 5.7 and I'm lucky to get 17 miles on the highway. Also, the fuel tank is too small. Increase the capacity. The truck rides and handles better than the Dodge Diesel I traded in. I like the quality and reliability of this truck and of the 4 runner that my wife drives.

Comfort of ride and stylish design of the vehicle.

Gas mileage!

Great Truck!
By Corey

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First off this is the best truck I have ever owned! tons of power, room and design. who ever doesn't like this truck is simply a huge MORON!

Back up camera, tailgate, power, steering, pretty much everything.

put a sunroof in the TRD models.