MSRP Starting at

Save as much as $214
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great value, favorite vehicle I've owned

Prime in New England, 12/14/2020
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'd looked at and test drove the audi Q5 and Volvo xc60. Q5 is definitely nice but the performance, tech, value and environmentally friendliness made the Rav4 Prime the winner hands down. What I like: Quiet but sci-fi like sounding electric motor, smooth as silk ride, fast acceleration. Nice mid-point range size between my former Outback and my wife's Highlander. Went with a white SE trim. I think it looks nicer than the xse, I don't need any of the extras and it's much cheaper. However, the weather package is a must have and not much more $. Moonroof, power lift gate. Heated steering wheel is luxurious and extremely rare at this price. Heated back seats. Cool under reported feature- remote start included via key fob. Warms/cools your Rav4 to your auto temp setting. Ike remote start. Was worried the loud pedestrian warning sound it makes when reversing would be annoying but got used to it quickly. Only freaked out one neighborhood dog so far. Safety Sense features were easy to get used to and really are well done. Never had rain sensing wipers before. Accessories I chose: Side body moldings - regret those. Looked much nicer without them. Can be removed but leaving them on for now. Homelink mirror- also kind of regret. Doesn't look as nice as standard mirror and range isn't great. Expensive. Toyota installed tow hitch - definitely recommend. Unlike after market hitches, this one the dealer installed is the exact right height, they expertly cut it into the rear bumper and looks like it is supposed to be there. Thought about but skipped the roof rack and glad I did. Overall terrific value. After federal tax credit and state rebate costs about the same net as an XLE hybrid and much more value.

Prime disaster

Ron Mieloch , 04/07/2021
XSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't buy Have had car since December. Currently 2500 miles been to the dealership 4 times. Hybrid systems failures. Fuel system failures fuel guage failure. Fuel pump Had to replace fuel tank. And canister. Poor design would not indicate full when full. Headlight failures message. When working. Three hybrid failures. Convertor grounding issues.took three weeks to get parts Cooling valve failure. Car is still at the dealership. Latest they want to return the vehicle to me because these failures are under investigation and Toyota does not have a solution. Total miles 2500. Would wait till next year's model. Dealership has no training to work on these and no replacement parts. Everything has to come from Japan Waited 5 months to get this car so far a complete disaster.

An econobox with style

Brad, 03/30/2021
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very few of the RAV Primes are in the US, but one can find one if you look hard enough. I found mine on Edmunds. I went with a dealer in Baltimore and purchased an SE. I preferred the extra amenities of the XSE, however, most of the dealers on the east coast have marked them up $3K over sticker. I have now had the SE for 3 weeks and am satisfied with it. It has a few shortcomings, only minutiae, with no front seat back pockets. I would prefer another cup holder but like I said it really is nothing I can’t cope with. Most of the reviews noted soft brakes but one can easily adapt. I wanted this vehicle for its utility and economy. It comes with all the safety advancements that Toyota offers. So far I am getting about 45 miles on a charge and have not used any gas for my short hops around town in 3 weeks. This car doesn’t handle like a race car but stomp on the pedal and it will beat most cars off the line (0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds!) All in all, a nice ride

Ad
Build Your RAV4 Prime
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 2 Trims
See pricing and options on your next Toyota
Prototype shown with options using visual effects.

Incredibly Versatile Vehicle

cdavis, 11/06/2020
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you live someplace with snow in the winter and all-wheel drive is important, if you need to tow things every so often (a small trailer will let you do most pickup truck jobs), if you’d like to commute each day for pennies with 40 miles of real world electric range, and if you live someplace the air quality could use some help... the Rav4 Prime is a great deal. Add in properly quick acceleration when you ask for it, and you have an overall package that’s hard (perhaps impossible) to beat for the price. I picked up a base SE with a few additions for just under $40K. With the $7.5K tax credit, $32.5K isn't bad for a vehicle that can do all these things with an excellent 150K mile drivetrain warranty and Toyota's reliability/dealer network. (And no, I don't work for Toyota.)

Everything I wanted in a Car!!

Chris, 11/23/2020
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The RAV4 Prime is everything I can ever ask for in a car. Living in New York, especially during the winter, I needed a AWD vehicle. Growing up seeing and learning about environmental impact, not only if this car is a hybrid, but its a plug-in electric car that can go 42 miles electric only on a full charge. And this car does 0-to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds! Making this car the 2nd fastest car in Toyota's lineup! (Technically, Toyota's fastest car because the Supra is made by BMW!) Overall, this is Toyota's answer to Electric only vehicle. Electric vehicle may be good and all, but it does have it limitations. Like the range is low compare to the RAV 4 Prime. So with the RAV 4 Prime, you can take it for long road trip. Overall, I am very satisfied with this car. Right now it's difficult to find this vehicle. Your local dealership would be lucky to get one in. But if you do find one, at least try it for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.

12345...6